Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin in the World - short piece from National Public Radio

2Orangy4Crows
#1 · Posted: 24 Dec 2007 21:04
Some of you may be interested in this short National Public Radio piece, "Tintin in the World", available at the NPR On The Media site. Mainly intended as a primer for Americans but quite well done.
cigars of the beeper
#2 · Posted: 27 Dec 2007 21:17
That was a sort of interesting piece. I hope that it helps expose more ignorant Tintin-illiterate Americans to Tintin.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 30 Dec 2007 20:00
cigars of the beeper
I hope that it helps expose more ignorant Tintin-illiterate Americans to Tintin.

Personally I think you might have wanted to phrase that a little less harshly - along the lines of “introduce Americans who have not yet read and enjoyed Tintin to the books”.
Using “ignorant” and “illiterate” in this case may be seen to be a tad rude (although anyone who has not been introduced to a subject is, by default, ignorant of it, and I think that you are slightly misusing “illiterate” to mean “un-read” rather than “unable to read”).
Anyway, yes, anything which introduces the works of Hergé to a wider audience is a good thing.
Captain Chester
#4 · Posted: 31 Dec 2007 00:26
jock123
Anyway, yes, anything which introduces the works of Hergé to a wider audience is a good thing.

Don't forget tintinologist.org! (the link in the top paragraph)

CC

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!