Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

The New Films: How are they being made?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

William
#11 · Posted: 13 May 2009 15:56
I just realized yesterday that motion-capture is very much how I imagined a Tintin film should be when I read them, or at least at one point. Tintin's stories are quite cinematic, and given that I find the characters quite real world based, with a lot of physical action, I thought it should get more than just actors doing the voices in a studio. At the same time, I couldn't imagine any actor fitting the characters visually. So, in particular with the waterfall scene in Prisoners of the Sun, I imagined the actors acting all that out physically but that it would be somehow converted to animation later. That was years before Lord of the Rings, so it's nice that they found a way of doing something like that.
Paprika O Toole
#12 · Posted: 11 Jun 2009 05:24
Say, I saw one picture of Bell and Serkis in the MoCap suits, are there any other pictures of them or other actors on set?
jock123
#13 · Posted: 11 Jun 2009 09:56
Paprika O Toole:
are there any other pictures of them or other actors on set?

I don’t think so; things are being kept very hush-hush: mum’s the word!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!