Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Voices used in the series?

Page  Page 4 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Danagasta
#31 · Posted: 23 Jun 2005 21:08
With respect, Danagasta, your guess is mistaken. English is the native language of the animations (though of course not the books). See the first two posts on this page (3) of the topic.
Oh well, either way, someone had to fit something somewhere LOL. It's true that French has more syllables, that's for sure. It also has a throaty quality that English doesn't. English tends to have a "clicking" sound---"cl", "k", and "ng" are just a few of those sounds.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#32 · Posted: 23 Jun 2005 21:26
On a vaguely related note, it's possible to tell that the series was initially done in English by looking at one scene in Tintin in Tibet (Part One). In the English version, Tintin says "I can't give up on Chang" whilst shaking his head (referring to not giving up). In the French version, he says "Il faut sauver Tchang, Tharkey !", rendering the shaking of the head meaningless.

Also all of the storyboard art, for the captions and dialogue, are written in English.

I wonder if there's any other little nuances like the head-shaking in the series - I've not watched every episode in French yet, so I'm not sure.
number1fan
#33 · Posted: 29 Jun 2005 22:01
the voices are brilliant in english they are great thats how tintin and co speak
Muller
#34 · Posted: 30 Jun 2005 02:15
I think the voices are better in French. Castafiore's voice is hilarious. I do like the english ones too, don't get me wrong :)
number1fan
#35 · Posted: 30 Jun 2005 13:05
i think the spainish voices sound hilarious
SingingGandalf
#36 · Posted: 16 Apr 2006 10:21
I watched the EN cartoons before I could read, so whenever I read Tintin, I imagine those same voices from the English cartoons.
rosa2000
#37 · Posted: 30 Oct 2006 09:16
Hi Jyrki and Clopin!

I was also looking for a photo of him. Would you happen to have any of those movies, or do you know somebody who might do? Maybe they could do a screen capture. Or is there anywhere we can watch them online? It is strange there are no photos of Mr. O'Meara.
All I know is that he has played in Sailor Moon and done theatre, and that he is a great actor!

I think his boyish voice really suits Tintin.
rosa2000
#38 · Posted: 2 Nov 2006 12:48
Also... I've tried like none other to find an actual PICTURE of Colin O'Meara. Can anyone help?
Hey there! i have been looking for pics/info on him too. i think he is a great actor, he was excellent as Tintin and Andrew on Sailor Moon. If you manage to get hold off "Under the Piano" and "Partners in Action", he is in that, which i havent seen nor do i own. If i did, i would do a screen capture of him. He was also in an episode of street legal, in the episode childrens hour. I think he has a wonderful voice, i fell in love with it:)

If i find any info, i will let you know. If you find any info or pics, please keep me posted. If anyone else could help that would be wonderful. If anyone has met him, or knows him. Thanks guys!:)
Starlight
#39 · Posted: 11 Nov 2006 14:28
When I watched the english TV series as a child(I watched them after reading the books) I really liked Tintin's voice. Many years hence, when I watch them again, I think Tintin's voice sounded boyish enough, but rather simpleminded, like some of you said...but maybe that was meant for young children to understand?
tintinspartan
#40 · Posted: 28 Mar 2007 12:28
Well, you know who voiced Tintin and Snowy in Nelvana's The Adventures of Tintin? Colin O'Meara voiced Tintin and Susan Roman voiced Snowy but do you know they worked together before and after that production? Well, here's the list of the productions they stared together,

1)Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (TV Series, 1993)
Colin played 'Wrench'
Susan played 'Hannah Dundee'
David Fox (Haddock) played 'Kirgo' in that series.

2)Sailormoon (TV Series, 1995-2000)
Colin played 'Andrew'
Susan played 'Lita'

3)Street Legal (TV Series)
Colin played 'Jeff Skinner'(1993)
Susan played 'Kathleen Sheridan'(1989)
They are only guest stars in that one. They acted in different episodes but in the same series.

These are the series they worked together. I've just discovered it by the IMdb website.

http://www.imdb.com
Just type the name 'Colin O'Meara' or 'Susan Roman'. If you don't know, at least, now you did. Have A Good Day!

Page  Page 4 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!