Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Voices used in the series?

Page  Page 6 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

tintinagalog
#51 · Posted: 8 May 2008 05:25
Moderator Note: Please do not make reference in you posts about obtaining copyright material illegally; Sailor Moon is just...

Okay. Thanks.

Talking about voices, it's Colin's voice in Tintin that has been lingering my senses, making Tintin unforgettable for me.
Little Mijarka
#52 · Posted: 31 Jul 2008 21:08
Jeeves:
and Bianca sounds like a Scottish man trying to play a woman!

Um... I wouldn't say that...

But I agree with you: she certainly didn't sound Italian.

The only voices I didn't care for too much were Thomson and Thompson. Every time I hear them, I am reminded of the chimney sweeps from Mary Poppins.

I liked Captain Haddock. Not entirely the way I imagined him, but close enough.
Mr Blumenstein
#53 · Posted: 7 Aug 2008 10:31
I agree that Tintins canadian accent is really annoying. I didn't really like David Foxes portrayal of the Captain either. However, I did think that Wayne Robsons Calculus was the most amusing of the lot although sometimes too squeaky. As for the Thompsons, I thought Dan Hennessey and John Stocker were fine but not perfect. If you ever watch the french all the voices are rushed because the animation was timed to fit the English soundtrack. For me the Voices are one of the weak points of the Ellipse-Nelvana series.
Tintinrulz
#54 · Posted: 7 Aug 2008 14:24
I hate the voices in the 60's series and think the early 90's series voice acting is much better. I've grown up with them so I don't have a problem.
At least the Thompsons don't sound gay like they do in the 60's series.
number1fan
#55 · Posted: 7 Aug 2008 19:20
I wish the voices used in the 1991 series would be in the new movie.
Little Mijarka
#56 · Posted: 8 Aug 2008 06:08
Mr Blumenstein:
I agree that Tintins canadian accent is really annoying.

Technically, it's a fake Canadian accent, which is probably what makes it so much more "annoying" to you. Colin O'Meara (the actor), surprise surprise, is Irish. The first time I noticed a trace of his accent was when I watched "Tibet" a little while ago. When Tintin gets emotional over Chang's alleged fate, he slips into his brogue.

I love Tintin is a Belgian played by an Irishman who's pretending to be a Canadian.
number1fan
#57 · Posted: 8 Aug 2008 11:02
To be honest i allways thought a canadian accent sounds no differnt accent to americans
Little Mijarka
#58 · Posted: 8 Aug 2008 16:00
Probably. The show was produced and made in Canada, so that's why there's the distinction.

I guess you could call it an American accent, too.

(In my last post, it's supposed to be "I love how Tintin is...")
jock123
#59 · Posted: 8 Aug 2008 23:34
Little Mijarka:
Colin O'Meara (the actor), surprise surprise, is Irish.

That’s interesting - I’ve never seen anything which ever said he’s anything other than Canadian, and I certainly don’t hear any Irish accent in the scene you mention, or any of his others.

What’s his background?
ZGDK
#60 · Posted: 1 Oct 2008 19:55
The voices take some getting used to, but when you get down to it, they fit the characters quite well.

Page  Page 6 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!