Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin Movie Sequel: General speculation [may include spoilers!]

Page  Page 6 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next » 

jock123
#51 · Posted: 8 Feb 2012 08:16
mct16:
You appeared to say that some books don't age well, such as "Blue Lotus" which includes the issue of the Japanese Occupation,

In terms of trying to tie it to a specific political situation, yes. It certainly wasn’t Hergé’s strong suit; he improved when he took to looking at politics as a stage on which drama happens, not as to the specifics of policy.

mct16:
For "Calculus Affair" a la Middle East, I'm just coming up with the ways in which the producers would divert from the original source material

It’s not what they’ve done at all - when they took source material, they blended it thoughtfully and sympathetically; when they invented they were less successful. But nothing they have done compares to the idea of modernizing and re-setting material in the way you suggest…
mct16
#52 · Posted: 12 Feb 2012 18:08
jock123:
nothing they have done compares to the idea of modernizing and re-setting material in the way you suggest

I rather think that Herge would be pleased with a film that delves on contemporary issues, much like he himself did.

I'll have Muller kidnapping Calculus mainly because I don't like Abdullah. I think his presence and spoilt brat behaviour weakens "Land of Black Gold".

Since the film makers are going to make a mish-mash of the original books, then we might as well join in the fun.

(P.S. I'm sorry about my own mish-mash in the previous postings. I was very tired the other day, having worked a very long shift with little sleep.)
Colonel Jorgen
#53 · Posted: 15 Feb 2012 13:37
kygoober16
#54 · Posted: 19 Feb 2012 22:01
Peter Jackson to Direct Sequel to “The Adventures of Tintin” after “The Hobbit”

Moderator Note: If you find an article which you think will be of interest to other members, please don’t just copy and paste it, especially without saying where it is from and that it wasn’t you who wrote it; that’s not fair to the original site, and is in fact just stealing.

We wouldn’t be happy if people were taking portions of Tintinologist.org and using them without credit, so it’s only fair that we respect others in turn.

We have managed to locate your source by searching, and have replaced the text you posted with a link to that page.

The Tintinologist Team
tintinagalog
#55 · Posted: 10 Mar 2012 19:17
Blistring_Barnacles
Was there a portion in Tintin comic books that Castafiore could break 'proofed' glasses very easily with the height of her voice? None at all. The evidence is in a panel of King Ottokar's Sceptre. In reality, anyone just can't shatter them.

My opinion for the Tintin sequel in relation to this is that Professor Calculus was there at Bagghar to see his 'inspiration' Bianca; at the same time used her to experiment his ultrasonic device. Prof. Calculus only had his perfect timing in 'pressing the button/switch' to shatter the 'bullet-proof glasses'. Have you heard the 'zing' sound effect before the smash? That's why I believe it's the ultrasonic device crashed the Unicorn's casing, not Castafiore's voice per sé. Alfredo Topolino witnessed the shatter and became interested. So for the part two, the professor from Nyon will pursue hard to gain Calculus invention in which he would use for war.

Hmmm... I remember...

On the opening credits of the first Tintin film, Daniel Mays had Allan's pic; MacKenzie Crook had Tom's pic (basically, in comics he's Ernie); But on Gad Elmaleh, the picture that fell was not Omar Ben Salaad, but the fetish of the broken ear. Professor Calculus has a broken eardrum at the right, which has made him hard-to-hear. Hmmm... well... just a thought.
mct16
#56 · Posted: 10 Mar 2012 20:19
tintinagalog:
So for the part two, the professor from Nyon will pursue hard to gain Calculus invention in which he would use for war.

Given that Sakharine was turned from supporting character in the book to villain in the film, I wouldn't put it past the producers.
tintinagalog
#57 · Posted: 14 Apr 2012 17:19
After countless times of watching Tintin 3D, I realized just days ago that there's a familiar figure I noticed at Ben Salaad's Palace... a face in front of the crowd... I hope you also noticed, too, the character whom I thought was COLONEL SPONZ (!). With that appearance I believe it's The Calculus Affair be the next in line.
calculite
#58 · Posted: 2 Jun 2012 19:22
Since this post is so many pages long, I am not sure if somebody has already mentioned what I am about to say.

Anyways, apparently there will be a third movie planned (probably if the second movie is successful)! The assumption was that they would combine Blue Lotus and Tintin in Tibet. That would be great, but the speculation was made when Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners was originally planned.If a new story is shown, that might affect the third movie.

What would be great is to incorporate The Broken Ear into the movie. I know the story is one of the first ones, and not many people enjoy the story, but Broken Ear has a great, suspenseful plot perfect for a Tntin movie. Since it is early, it could be a prequel, along with other Pre-Haddock stories. It's an idea, but if they are using later books in the second movie, it would be good to have a trilogy incorporating all the periods of Tintin (Early, Middle, and Late).
mct16
#59 · Posted: 2 Jun 2012 19:53
Given the storyline of the first movie, I cannot see the producers respecting the absence of Haddock in the early books as they did in the cartoon series in the 1990s. Ten to one, if they do make films based on books of the pre-Haddock era, then they will include him in them somehow.

If they make a "Broken Ear"-inspired film then how do you think they'll handle the Grand Chapo war which features in the book? Somehow I can't see them including that since it is a rather vague conflict as far as a modern western audience is concerned. A sub-plot based on the Falklands maybe?
Barry the Nomad
#60 · Posted: 23 Aug 2012 14:46
First post here, hi all!

Anyway, I'm not sure we'll see anything pre-The Crab with the Golden Claws since the many newspaper clippings and easter eggs in Tintin's apartment imply that all the adventures from Land of the Soviets through to King Ottokar's Sceptre have already happened. So the sequels will most likely adapt adventures from The Seven Crystal Balls through to Tintin and the Picaros.

To be honest, I'd love to see the sequel pick up some months after the first film. Perhaps even working in references to an unseen adventure. Or, go the Indiana Jones route and have a mini-adventure at the start of the film as though we're seeing the end of an adventure.

A third and final film could do the same, taking place at the end of the albums run. So in effect, the three movies cover the all the Tintin albums, either via visual references, opening bits, references from characters or events from the films themselves.

Page  Page 6 of 10:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!