Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Seven Crystal Balls: why is the station named Moulinsart?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

cigee
#11 · Posted: 12 Mar 2010 14:33
robbo:
In French moulin means mill, and I looked up sart and it means a clearing (of trees)

I read somewhere (I think it was Numa Sadoul's book) Hergé explaining that he came up with the name Moulinsart by inverting the name of a local community, Sartmoulin.
tintinophile691
#12 · Posted: 19 Apr 2010 06:30
Tintinrulz:
I don't think any of the signs or street names are written in English.

Not even the Madman Entertainment release. The audio is English, the title card and the episode title is in English, but the signs do not appear to have been changed from French.

Surprisingly, there also appear to be two versions of the Madman release! When my aide at school lent me her copy of Volume 3, it included the French audio with the English audio and the two parts of the episode run together.
When I purchased my own copy, it only had the English audio and the episodes were separate. The title animation was also different.

But both versions had the French signs and street names!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!