Tintin Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Golden Fleece & Blue Oranges: BFI DVD Releases

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

jock123
#31 · Posted: 25 Oct 2010 18:36 · Edited by: jock123
A mention in The Irish Times:
Tintin gets the deluxe treatment

and a nice review by Cinedelica.com:
DVD Review: Tintin and the Mystery of the Golden Fleece (1961)
Richard
UK Correspondent
#32 · Posted: 4 Sep 2011 00:50 · Edited by: Richard
Tintin & the Mystery of the Golden Fleece is getting a budget re-release [Amazon link here], presumably to coincide with the new film at the cinemas if the timing & cover artwork are anything to go by...
rollo
#33 · Posted: 22 Oct 2011 08:22
I finally saw these, in original language. The Golden Fleece is utterly charming - I really enjoyed it. Blue Oranges must have been on my radar since I was about 10 and found a copy of the book in French in a second hand bookshop, and finally getting to see it was a real honour!

I notice Amazon UK is displaying two different sleeves for Golden Fleece - is there any difference (apart from £1)?
Rocky
#34 · Posted: 24 Oct 2011 16:35 · Edited by: Rocky
I too would like to know what the difference is between the budget release and the earlier one. Does anyone know?
jock123
#35 · Posted: 24 Oct 2011 17:19 · Edited by: jock123
Rocky:
Does anyone know?

I’ve sent a message to our man at the BFI and hopefully we’ll have an answer soon!

Update!: Very soon, as it happens - thanks, Vic! Our very own Poet Zloty tells me that the difference is that there is no booklet, and no original audio-track: it only has the English language dub, no French.
Oh, and of course, different cover art.

There you go!
Rocky
#36 · Posted: 4 Nov 2011 18:08
Thanks for the info, Jock123. I have now finally bought the BFI Golden Fleece DVD (with booklet) to replace my naughty 2007 bootleg English dub DVD (in case you're wondering it's the video from the official French DVD I bought ages ago plus the audio of the 2007 NFT screening, complete with audience laughter!).
number1fan
#37 · Posted: 5 Nov 2011 07:21
Rocky:
in case you're wondering it's the video from the official French DVD I bought ages ago plus the audio of the 2007 NFT screening, complete with audience laughter!).

Thats interesting which scenes got the biggest laugh?.
Rocky
#38 · Posted: 5 Nov 2011 14:09
From memory: Tintin's fisticuffs with a bad guy in the ship's cabin got a laugh, Snowy putting out the fuse, and also the sinister musical sting that was played whenever we see the crocodile logo.
worcestershire
#39 · Posted: 25 Nov 2011 21:14
Years ago, when I was a child, my parents and I watched a series on the PBS show MASTERPIECE THEATRE called "The Buddenbrooks." This series was German but had been dubbed by British actors; my mother was the first of the three of us to notice the voice dubbing, as the lips of the characters did not move properly in time with the English dialogue. I am hoping "Tintin and the Mystery of the Golden Fleece" was much better dubbed.
jock123
#40 · Posted: 25 Nov 2011 22:06
worcestershire:
I am hoping "Tintin and the Mystery of the Golden Fleece" was much better dubbed.

As was discussed earlier in this very thread, the disk booklet itself describes the dubbing as “loose lip-synching”.

There’s no way round it, really: if the actors are not saying the words that you are hearing, the match can never be more than tenuous. The dialogue is tweaked to make the fit better, but it can never be perfect.

That’s just the way it is, but it’s the price you pay for getting to hear it spoken in English.

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!