Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Audio adventures of Tintin: The BBC Radio Series

Page  Page 3 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

masaud
#21 · Posted: 13 Mar 2005 15:11
Yeah, I remember the Castafiore Episode- was always anticipating the BBC release it along with the others they had dramatised. I thought when recently it was scheduled to be repeated on BBC7 that this production would also eventually be included- but the whole series has been put on hold or something. Infact I think I will e-mail the BBC7 editors and enquire whether or not they have plans to show the tintin series and also the Castafiore Xmas special.
Failing that I would dearly love to acquire a recording somehow.

M
Karaboudjan
#22 · Posted: 13 Mar 2005 21:51
I've got both tapes by the BBC, although haven't listened to the Further Adventures yet. Leo McKern played Archie so beautifully anyone else would seem an imposter.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#23 · Posted: 13 Mar 2005 23:18
The Further Adventures are superb, in my view they're a considerable step up from the first series. There's longer to develop the story - and to allay your fears, Lionel Jeffries plays a great Haddock.
masaud
#24 · Posted: 14 Mar 2005 21:17
Hi there again- just enquired with the BBC 7 host about the Tintin drama series. His reply is-

"Hello there Masaud.
We have resolved the rights issues which led to the unfortunate postponement of the episodes at Christmas time.

I am pleased to say that Tintin has now been scheduled to start next Monday 21st March, at 10am.

We will not be including The Castafiore Emerald this time round.

Hope you enjoy the Tintin stories. "

Chris BBC7 Host
jockosjungle
#25 · Posted: 14 Mar 2005 22:09
Excellent news that it has been rescheduled. It was sad to say they made no announcement of this when I and many others had tuned in on the day.

Rik
Harrock n roll
#26 · Posted: 14 Mar 2005 22:14
Thanks for the info masaud. I couldn't find anything at their site yet but I thought I should mention that the BBC 7 shows can also be heard online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/ - and they keep them available for 6 days.

Hmmm, “rights issues” eh? Sounds familiar...
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#27 · Posted: 18 Mar 2005 19:53
I'll be tuning in, definitely - it'll be nice to hear Tintin on the radio again !
jockosjungle
#28 · Posted: 18 Mar 2005 20:00
These are the ones available on CD and Cassette right?

Will have to tune in

Rik
Harrock n roll
#29 · Posted: 18 Mar 2005 20:27
According to the BBC 7 schedule it's going to be The Black Island, so I assume so.
jockosjungle
#30 · Posted: 18 Mar 2005 21:21
Thanks Harrock, will fire up my DAB radio and tune in, never heard one of these before. I'll be gutted if it's another Agatha Christie though like Christmas

Rik

Page  Page 3 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!