Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Audio adventures of Tintin: The BBC Radio Series

Page  Page 6 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#51 · Posted: 20 Dec 2006 23:59
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but amazon.co.uk is listing two audio CDs for release on May 7th 2007:

The Black Island / Tintin in Tibet

The Secret of the Unicorn / Red Rackham's Treasure

From the item descriptions, this seems to be the BBC radio series that is being released on CD.

Ed
jock123
#52 · Posted: 21 Dec 2006 09:34
Yikes! While a release on CD is both long over-due and welcome, at £8·99 for two episodes the pricing is very steep, and compares badly to the cost of the old tape version, which gave you six episodes for just over a tenner, as I recall.

Something to wait for the sales for perhaps.
number1fan
#53 · Posted: 21 Dec 2006 17:47
i have the first cassette and i have kept mine in mint condition are they worth anything?
jock123
#54 · Posted: 15 Jan 2007 13:16
number1fan
i have the first cassette and i have kept mine in mint condition are they worth anything?
I wouldn’t think they were worth much, no.

Cassettes never seem to have a high re-sale value generally, I suppose because people are worried about the wear and tear, stretching and snagging that many tapes suffer from - they are quite fragile.

Given that the series has been re-broadcast several times (so it isn’t especially hard to hear) and that new CDs appear to be on the horizon, I think you should hang onto them for the completness of your collection, not really for their worth.
number1fan
#55 · Posted: 16 Jan 2007 17:40
Moderator Note: Moved from the BBC Tintin: Four More Adventures thread.

I think the audio broadcasts are more tru to the book then the cartoons.
Jon God
#56 · Posted: 15 Feb 2007 11:59
rollo
One-Off (Xmas 1992)
1. The Castafiore Emerald
The special was 50 minutes, starring Miriam Margolyes, and was broadcast on Boxing Day 1992 (repeated on either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day).

I've got it on tape somewhere, in passable quality if people are desperate to hear it...

Holy Moly, someone has a copy of The Castafiore Emerald? I so dearly wished to hear it. If it's possible for me to somehow hear it, I'd love it.

Moderator Note: Be careful - we cannot have discussions of how to obtain copyright material that isn’t available legitimately. Maybe it is best to hope that the new CDs will include it at some point.

The Happy Tintinologist Team
Jon God
#57 · Posted: 15 Feb 2007 23:07
ah, thanks!
beinke
#58 · Posted: 28 Feb 2007 15:48
I'm looking forward to this release. I remember seeing the tape collections in the ABC shops, but never got around to buying them.
Jeeves
#59 · Posted: 30 Jan 2008 05:13
Funny reason to prompt an emergency landing on the beach, though!
Yeah that didn't make sense,but I do love those radio plays. I think that they tryed to make Tintin more Anglo-Saxon because it was for the BBC.
jock123
#60 · Posted: 30 Jan 2008 08:33
Richard
Haddock is generally held to be English

I think it would be fairer to say that Haddock is sometimes thought to be English, but that (as the discussion you reference shows), there are other points of view, and not a lot of concrete evidence to hold any particular answer up… (He’s Scottish of course… ;-))

Page  Page 6 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!