Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Audio adventures of Tintin: The BBC Radio Series

Page  Page 7 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Jeeves
#61 · Posted: 31 Jan 2008 06:24
I think Haddock has some of both groups personaly
jock123
#62 · Posted: 23 Mar 2008 01:26
I just noticed that BBC7 is repeating six episodes of The Adventures of Tintin daily from Monday 24th March at 09:00-09:30, and repeated at 20:00-20:30 and again at 01:00-01:30 Tuesday morning.

They are broadcasting The Seven Crystal Balls; The Prisoners of the Sun; The Calculus Affair, Parts 1&2; and The Red Sea Sharks, Parts 1&2.

You may be able to hear the streaming audio and listen again versions on the BBC7 website.
tintinspartan
#63 · Posted: 23 Mar 2008 11:18
Yay!!!!!!!!

That's good news!

I'm living in the +08:00 Singapore Timezone. Your timing is in what time zone?
jock123
#64 · Posted: 24 Mar 2008 19:53
tintinspartan wrote:
Your timing is in what time zone?

GMT until next weekend, when we go summer-time (hollow laughter ensues, because it is snowing at the moment, and summer couldn’t seem further away if it tried…)
tintinspartan
#65 · Posted: 25 Mar 2008 13:23
Tintin sounds really good
Haddock sounds as an old sailor
Snowy sounds cute
Calculus sounds abit funny

I love the BBC Radio Series of Tintin. 4/5 from me

Thanks, jock123 for sharing
Triskeliae
#66 · Posted: 28 Mar 2008 23:51
I bought (in Amazon) the audio cassettes with the first 6 Adventures of Tintin adapted by the BBC. I'm waiting for the other 4 to arrive. So far, in general, they are wonderful!!

I must say, that Andrew Sachs, who played Snowy, was a genious! I was laughing so hard with Snowy's remarks!
Mike Dutton
#67 · Posted: 28 Jul 2008 02:12
I agree, Sachs did a good job. In fact, I hope they sign him up to play Snowy in the Tintin movie. Well, him or Michael J Fox...
Harrock n roll
#68 · Posted: 18 Feb 2009 16:03
Recent mention of the BBC's 90s audiobooks reminded me that they're getting a re-release on CD this coming April.

Going by Amazon's release schedule the first ones are going to be The Secret of The Unicorn/Red Rackham's Treasure, The Seven Crystal Balls/Prisoners Of The Sun and The Black Island/Tintin In Tibet. For some reason Amazon have Unicorn/Rackham for £7.79 and Crystal Balls/Prisoners for £8.99, but it's probably just an error. Still, they seem a tad pricey compared to the cassette edition, which I think cost about £7.99 for four stories.

However, if they issue them as a set (and maybe drop the price a wee bit?) they'll make a nice replacement for your knackered old cassettes.
greatsnakes
#69 · Posted: 18 Feb 2009 20:39
Oh, this is great. Thanks for the heads up! I love these recordings.

Edit: Oh, wait! These are only on Amazon UK. Darn! Well, here's hoping they might be available internationally later...
jock123
#70 · Posted: 19 Feb 2009 10:30
greatsnakes:
These are only on Amazon UK.

That wouldn’t make them unavailable in other countries, would it? I’ve bought things successfully from Amazon.fr and Amazon.com without a problem, so it works coming in to the U.K.
Add to that that the pound is at it’s lowest exchange value for years, and it could be that buying from Amazon.co.uk would be quite favourable at the moment if you live abroad (“abroad” being “not in the U.K.” from where I am sitting - obviously the U.K. will be “abroad”, if you live “abroad” ;-)).

Page  Page 7 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!