Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Kuifje en de Zonnetemple (Musical): Could it be performed in Jakarta?

liempatricia
#1 · Posted: 19 Feb 2011 12:59
Since Indonesia is the place that has the largest number of Tintin's fan in the world, why aren’t there any plans to perform the Kuifje en de Zonnetemple (Prisoners of the Sun) musical in Jakarta?

I think all people concerned should consider this idea. I'm sure a lot of people here are waiting to see it happen. I mean, give all of us a chance to see the show…

Is there anyone who agrees?
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 19 Feb 2011 22:36
liempatricia:
Since Indonesia is the place that has the largest number of Tintin's fan in the world

Do you have any basis for that assertion?

Personally I'd love to see the show travel all over the world, but it's been ten years since the show was first performed. If the forthcoming films are a big success it's possible that it could be revamped, but I'd be surprised if that did happen.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 19 Feb 2011 22:46
Harrock n roll:
Do you have any basis for that assertion?

I seem to recall that tintin.com did an analysis of the members they were getting of Facebook, and that Indonesia was, by some considerable distance, the source of the largest concentration of fans.

I’d guess that’s the origin of the notion.

As for the musical, I’m afraid I agree (slightly surprised to realize how long ago it was it first came out!).

I’d also add that as the Paris production collapsed prior to opening, and a possible London run never got beyond the talking stages, that perhaps there are other problems in reviving it, to do with the business side.
liempatricia
#4 · Posted: 20 Feb 2011 02:02
jock123:
tintin.com did an analysis of the members they were getting of Facebook

That's right I found out that info at Tintin.com,on the article called "Tintin my friend,on facebook".....
surprisingly my country had the most Tintin fans in the world.....

And when I read a forum discussion I found someone posted like this:
"If only that show played in England,I'll snap the ticket right away"
And I thought the same thing as well

Combining two consecutive posts:

So,how it's gonna be,guys?
Yes,no,or maybe????

Moderator Note: Hi! We know that you are enthusiastic about this subject, but please don’t make consecutive posts; if you need to add something, and nobody else has replied, you have up to 24 hours to edit your message. Bumping your own topic up to bring attention can be seen as rude - like shouting out when others are talking - so we discourage it here.
You must be patient and wait for a reply: you have already had two responses to your question, so you will maybe have to accept that nobody else has a strong opinion on this topic.
As Harrock says, you are talking about a musical which is ten years old - perhaps if there really was a case to remount it in Jakarta, it would have happened by now.

The Tintinologist Team
liempatricia
#5 · Posted: 6 Mar 2011 13:57
Alright… sorry…
Still I wanted to see this show on my birthday… or in the end of this year when that new Tintin film will be released

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!