Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: 1990's broadcast opening credits different to DVD?

Tintinrulz
#1 · Posted: 12 Oct 2011 12:09
Does anyone know why the opening credits for the series are slightly different from the original broadcast on TV to the version used on DVD?

I'm curious because I much preferred the TV version (the DVD version ruins the pace and excitement).

Anyone know where to find the original TV version? Cheers!

Moderator Note: Please remember that any replies to the question of where to find them must relate only to availability of legitimate material (such as having been issued on a commercial release, or being displayed on the owner's web-site). Links to uploads by third parties to clip-sharing sites or torrents will not be accepted, and will be removed. Many thanks for your cooperation - it keeps the site on the straight and narrow, and all above board.

Also a reminder that when starting threads like this, it's almost essential that you take the time to explain the point you are making: you say that there are differences, but make no indication of what you think they are? It's very hard to have a discussion on that basis, if one doesn't know what to look for.

The Tintinologist Team
Magpie
#2 · Posted: 15 Feb 2012 00:59
Well, when you say 'Different Opening Credits', do you mean the fact that the DVD credits are only in French? I own the Volume One DVD, with 10 episodes. I got my legal DVD from Amazon.ca.

I was really young when the show was on TV, so I can't even remember the title sequence. I know that there was an old title and a new title for the newer episodes. Is that what you mean?
Harry Hayfield
#3 · Posted: 15 Feb 2012 11:56
Tintinrulz:
Does anyone know why the opening credits for the series are slightly different from the original broadcast on TV to the version used on DVD?

That is actually a very good question indeed. I've got the DVD quite recently and looking on YouTube for other versions, they both seem more or less the same but then came to the conclusion that was because they were the same. How to compare the two without having a video recording of the original transmission though, that is a tricky one.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!