Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

The Adventures of Tintin: Young Vic production at London Barbican, Christmas 2005

Page  Page 3 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Richard
UK Correspondent
#21 · Posted: 21 May 2005 18:24
The Young Vic's summary :

Criminal gangs, a friend lost in a plane crash and a trek through the snows of the high Himalayas... Just an ordinary day in the lives of young reporter Tintin and his loyal dog Snowy.

The Young Vic is delighted to present the first major UK adaptation of Hergé's legendary cartoon hero, as Tintin and Captain Haddock battle to rescue Chang from the infamous Yeti.

And Tintin.com's (translated from the French) :

"The Blue Lotus" and "Tintin in Tibet". The Barbican Theatre sets up its base camp in the frozen splendours of the Himalayas. Tintin, accompanied by Snowy and Haddock, sets off to save an old friend, Chang, and crosses the path of the yeti."

So the show will contain at least some scenes from The Blue Lotus - intriguing !
jockosjungle
#22 · Posted: 21 May 2005 21:07
Well the play would have to show some scenes from Lotus otherwise most of the audience would wonder why Tintin cares so much about a boy named Chang

Rik
sawpeedo
#23 · Posted: 26 May 2005 18:11
I have just booked tickets. TinTin is showing at the Barbican from Dec to Jan 06. I found out via an email from the Young vic, who are putting on the production. visit: www.youngvic.org for more details.
Harrock n roll
#24 · Posted: 23 Sep 2005 18:22
The Barbican have produced quite a nice flyer for the production which I came across at my local library. I thought people might like to see it so I've scanned it (front and back).

The top half is cut out around the head and folds in half to form a mini 'standee' (see here).

According to the flyer there's a "post-show talk" on 30th of December at 2pm.
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#25 · Posted: 23 Sep 2005 21:54
Thanks for the scans ! That leaflet is really stunning, Chris - I wish I lived in London ! ;o)

Interesting to know about the post-show talk ... what a pity I'm not going on the 30th ! :o(
Harrock n roll
#26 · Posted: 25 Oct 2005 22:38
I don't know if anyone caught the artcle in last Friday's Independent (see scan here).

It reports on three "Westies" chosen to play Snowy in the production - Ollie, Chester and Lily - who'll be sharing the role. It seems everyone (including the Independent's writer) has missed the fact that Snowy is a Fox Terrier and not a West Highland Terrier but never mind, the Westies will only be appearing at the beginning and end. According to the article most of the performance will be played by an actor in a "Snowy-style" suit.
jock123
#27 · Posted: 26 Oct 2005 09:45
You beat me to it, Chris - I was just about to comment on the Indy article.

In re: fox terrier vs. West Highland terrier, I think it is to be noted that the casting seems to have been done on a “who you know”, not ”what you are” basis…
jockosjungle
#28 · Posted: 31 Oct 2005 19:17
I'm all booked for the 3rd Jan!

Plenty of posters all around London for the production as well.

Rik
Harrock n roll
#29 · Posted: 9 Nov 2005 13:08
The Young Vic's marketing team have come up with this fun promotional e-flyer:

http://youngvic.e-flyers.org.uk/tintin/

The "Tintin-takka-takka-tintin" makes for a nice musical taster and sounds very exotic!

Afterthought: I must say, it also reminds me of the music to C4's Countdown...
jockosjungle
#30 · Posted: 19 Nov 2005 16:52
There is a large two page article on the production in todays Telegraph

Rik

Page  Page 3 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!