Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Jazz version of the series theme music by Flash Pig

jock123
#1 · Posted: 9 Feb 2016 11:33
If you listen to the France Culture documentary series (talked about in this post), you will be sure to hear - in addition to some of the rather lovely symphonic music written for their full-cast audio adaptation of The Cigars of the Pharaoh - what was to me at least, a surprise: a jazz rendition of the theme music to the Ellipse-Nelvana cartoon series!
Played by the award-winning jazz group Flash Pig, their record company Abeille Musique placed the complete track on YouTube as a taster for the album Remain Still, so you should be able to listen to it here.
illustration inc
#2 · Posted: 12 Feb 2016 10:27
Thanks @jock123 I love this theme tune. In fact as soon as I'd finished the jazz version, I had to listen to the original again.

Now for some help, if you please...

In the title sequence, Tintin jumps from the train (Prisoners of the Sun). Before he does so we are following the train and the bridge structure is whizzing past on the screen. When Tintin jumps the structure is still whizzing past and as a young boy, I thought that wrong.

The 'camera' now focusses on Tintin falling and I imagined that the structure should stop shooting past. Now, if I'm right, the animation is correct because as Tintin jumped from the moving train, as he leaves the train he is still moving forward and therefore if Tintin remains in the middle of the frame the bridge structure should still move behind him...

Am I right!? Bothered me for years!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!