Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Hergé and Studio Hergé /

Documentary: Hergé, à  l'ombre de Tintin [Hergé: In the Shadow of Tintin] (2016)

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 18 Jan 2018 16:21
I have searched the forums and couldn't find any topic about Hergé, à  l'ombre de Tintin. It's a fascinating documentary by Hugues Nancy, which charts Hergé's life as it does Tintin's also, from boy scout beginings, through the occupation of Belgium, his troubled relationships, to the final frame of Tintin and Alph-Art.

It features Phillipe Godin, Michael Farr and various other critics and artists.

If you're new to Hergé and Tintin, I seriously recommend viewing this.

There wasn't anything in there I didn't already know, but it did make for fantastic viewing.

Hergé, à l'ombre de Tintin is available (in French with English subtitles) as a Region 2 DVD from Amazon.fr and Fnac.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 19 Jan 2018 13:09
Good catch!

There is a short extract by way of an official trailer for it (in French) here, which I think marked its launch at one of the big exhibitions in Paris.
number1fan
#3 · Posted: 26 Jan 2018 10:00
Certainly more concise than Discovering Hergé.

It would have been great if this had had a short theatrical release in the UK with a Q&A and even an English DVD/Blu-ray release with extras.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!