Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Seeking the sotto voce, Colin O'Meara

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Clopin
#1 · Posted: 21 May 2005 18:40
Hello! I think I already ask this, but is there a picture ANYWHERE of Colin o'Meara? I look evrywhere and can no find him. =.___.= I have see man who does Haddock's voice and lady who does Castafiore's voice, but no TINTIN! T^T If anybody know where to find a picture I owe you big favor! =^________^= (My English is better in the other post... my friend type my early posts for me because I was so bad... ^^; )
Danagasta
#2 · Posted: 29 Jun 2005 19:21
He also did the VO for Andrew in the North American dub of "Sailor Moon," so you may be able to find more information in that context as well.

Courtney
Jyrki21
#3 · Posted: 30 Jun 2005 05:11
His picture doesn't seem to be anywhere... moreover, he's clearly unlisted, so I can't go by and visit him if he lives in Toronto. (I'm only kidding.) There's only one listed O'Meara in all of Canada, according to 411.ca! That's quite shocking, really...
Danagasta
#4 · Posted: 30 Jun 2005 15:26
Oh man Jyrki, that's bad...That's why I was thinking that maybe a Sailor Moon site might have more on him, but my browser is ancient and sometimes just stops working mid-stream. He does a lot of theatre and VO (voice-over) work though, so maybe VO sites in Canada?
Richard
UK Correspondent
#5 · Posted: 14 Jul 2005 20:23
Still no luck in finding a photo of Colin O'Mera, but I've found photos of Wayne Robson (Calculus) and Maureen Forrester (Castafiore).
Karaboudjan
#6 · Posted: 15 Jul 2005 14:10
Actually Maureen Forrester does look astonishingly like my own mental image of the Milanese Nightingale...
rue du labrador
#7 · Posted: 5 Dec 2005 18:17
i have the same problem trying to do a bit of research on him. maybe its deliberate , maybe he doesnt want to be seen.
rosa2000
#8 · Posted: 6 Nov 2006 07:40
maybe its deliberate , maybe he doesnt want to be seen.

There is a way to see a picture of him though. If you can, try to get hold of "Under the piano" or "partners in action" (DVD,TV recording or Video.)Whoever has those movies or gets a hold of them could they please do a screen-capture of him. Im scrounging for those movies on ebay myself. Im also asking around for people who have made websites related to movies/tv shows he has appeared in. Should i get any information, i will let all you tintinologists know. Similarly, could anyone who finds out let us all know please? Thanks.

Somebody says he has been in theatre. Has that been recently? Has anyone kept the programmes of the plays, they should have photos of all the actors. Otherwise, do any theatre websites have photos of actors who have played?

Sorry guys my post is so long and this thread is probably old, so maybe somebody finally has found a pic of him....please let me know, i shall be eternally grateful for even one photo of Colin O'Meara. THanks!:)
rosa2000
#9 · Posted: 13 Dec 2006 08:22
"but is there a picture ANYWHERE of Colin o'Meara?"

Hey,
Its been a while since i last posted, but i think i have found a picture of Colin O'Meara. Somebody made
a website about the tv show "Road to Avonlea" in which he starred in one episode. One problem though: i cant tell who on the pictures is Colin O'Meara. I have asked the webmaster but she isnt too sure. here is the website:http://www.geocities.com/kkgirlandlaz/Heirs.html i have a feeling he is the one with the red hair but i could be wrong. maybe some of you have seen him in theatre?

Sorry!
Multiple posts removed
Moderator Note: Hi rosa2000! Many thanks for the link to the picture; however, please don’t repeat the same post again and again (you posted the text here last week, which was fine, and then reposted it twice this week), as this just takes up space, and is against the forum guidelines.
But good catch on the photo!

The Happy Tintinologist Team
rosa2000
#10 · Posted: 21 Dec 2006 11:33
Hey, I have 2 questions about the voices in Tintin.

Who does the voices of the children(e.g.Abdullah, Chang) and the female voices? I had a suspicion it was Susan Roman, though it could have been another actress. To me, Abdullah and Chang sound like they were voiced by women, which is the case with a lot of boy characters in cartoons.

Another question: does Colin O' Meara do any other voices apart from Tintin? I had a feeling some of the characters with deep voices (one of the bad guys at the begining of "Land of Black Gold" (the ones Tintin is spying on behind the train) and the American guy, Goldbar at the end of "The Broken ear." Even though the voices are quite deep, they sound like they were done by O' Meara. Being a voice-over actor, he can probably change the tone of his voice for different characters. (Or maybe his voice in real life is deep, he just changes it for Tintin?

If anyone could help with the above questions, i would be most grateful.

Thanks Tintin fans! Tintin rocks!:)

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!