Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Flight 714: identification of bird needed

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 

jock123
#31 · Posted: 12 Oct 2005 14:58
yamilah
'm afraid it's not 'at a whim', as only cross-matching or incongruous data are taken into account...
Exactly: but only you deem the data to be incongruous, and you are apparently arbitrary as to how you create your cross-matching, which is whimsical to me… There is no system to what you are doing - if there were, others could present the data, the cross-match and the de-coded message. As no one else has, and as many examples have been provided to show that there are other ways to more realistically interpret what you deem to be incongruous, the truth of that matter is inescapable.

.. all the more as digits' and feet's appearance do match rather well with a 'tracking game'...
This is wholly self-referential: you are using one part of your argument to support another, and as Phalanx has demonstrated, the foot anomoly in this case (just to keep on the topic) is misapprehension by the artist at worst, or misinterpretation by you at best…

I'm afraid much much more patience and confidence are required to try and interpret some of the details you are interested in...
Well, that’s a pretty poor response really - you don’t have to worry about my confidence, by the way: I’m fairly certain that I can back any of the arguments I have made with extreme confidence.

What about TIN+TIN syllables in the Archipelagos' languages? What about the stars, and other 'childish' questions already asked??
Indeed - what of them?? You never respond to any of my requests to demonstrate even a cursory knowledge of these subjects by Hergé (and that’s knowledge he’d apparently gained while a youth in Brussells in the 1920s, mind you). The ability to pose non sequitur questions does not demonstrate a hidden message, just a rhetorical facility in the questioner…

And yet again you avoid giving a direct answer to my questions…

The ones who believe in Tintin's 'invisible' tracking game are invited to play on...
That’s such a kind offer, I have started a thread about it here.
yamilah
#32 · Posted: 12 Oct 2005 17:00
jock123
There is no system to what you are doing - if there were, others could present the data, the cross-match and the de-coded message.

Well actually the data presented so far have become more and more rebus-relevant indeed, mind you, and some persons are already busy working hard from the 'childish' data mentioned here...

Thanks to the interested ones, for I don't have the presomption neither to play the game alone, nor 'to do justice' on my own...

As far as concerns the message itself, it won't be discussed here, as mentioned from the beginning...
jock123
#33 · Posted: 12 Oct 2005 17:17
yamilah
Well actually the data presented so far have become more and more rebus-relevant indeed

I don’t actually see how this addresses the point of how the process works (or lack of one doesn’t), nor does it relate to how Phalanx’s reasoned, practical approach to the “anomoly” offers a better and more well-founded identification of the bird than yours. My feeling is that you wanted it to be a toucan so that you could then show that the word “Tintin” was in fact “encoded” in the bird image, as per my earlier joke; however Phalanx has pretty much scuppered that line of approach, so you chose instead to first rubbish his identification, and secondly to make a case for it being a mistake because Hergé makes mistakes elsewhere in the series…

As far as concerns the decoded message itself, it won't be discussed here, as mentioned from the beginning, so nobody should be scared to participate...

If that is indeed the case, then perhaps you would care to go back to the still outstanding question of your highly contradictory stance on the matter, i.e.: that you are free to claim that there is some instance of child-abuse in Hergé’s history, regardless of how that may affect his or his family’s reputation, but that of course you can’t tell anyone what you know, because that would be against your ethics to divulge a secret (and, by circular logic, you claim that this “secret” is “well known” - a contradiction which you have also failed to ever address…).
yamilah
#34 · Posted: 12 Oct 2005 18:03
sorry mistake (please see 'tracking game' thread)

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!