Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

BBC Dyslexia CD-ROM: Tintin and the Lost Letters

jock123
#1 · Posted: 28 May 2004 15:53
I can't see this covered elsewhere, so I just thought I'd mention this recent BBC-produced CD-ROM.

A tool to help those with dyslexia, its full title is, The Mystery of the Lost Letters - Tintin helps dyslexic learners.

From an on-line press-release for the product:

Designed to raise morale and assist young dyslexics to understand and get to grips with coping with their dyslexia, this trilingual (EN, FR and German) self-help tool invites the user to accompany Tintin on a series of adventures of discovery.
Finally the young user is awarded a certificate of completion, with a profile of his or her learning styles, complete with self-help tips.

The CD-ROM is designed to be used in one-to-one situations with children, and is presented as a series of game-type environments, through which the reader proceeds in a structured fashion.

So, to begin with there is a "Hall of Fame", in which the student is introduced to a number of mentors and role-models, who talk of their experience with their own dyslexia.

Next there is the 'Hall of Mirrors", in which five games are played to see how the student learns.

In "The Dangerous Dungeon" the student is introduced to what the Hall of Mirrors games has revealed about their learning.

The training continues through a "Library" of information and advice about dyslexia, to the "Tower of Triumph", where the student gets an assessment of their strengths based on the games they have played, and a certificate of achievement.

It is an unusual item of merchandise, in as much as there is a quote from Fanny Rodwell about it.

Apparently it is on sale at the shop in Greenwich at the exhibition, but I can't say I noticed. Has anyone here seen it/ used it?
jockosjungle
#2 · Posted: 29 May 2004 23:20
Looks interesting, and it's great to see Tintin being used in such a good way to help people!

I had a good look round that shop in Greenwhich, never saw anything resembling a CD-ROM

Rik
Big Ren
#3 · Posted: 20 Jul 2004 13:15
Has anyone got hold of this yet? If so would you recommend it?

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!