Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Moon adventures - full/big version for TV?

Smiley
#1 · Posted: 5 Nov 2005 18:05
Hey all

I remember, that i watched an episode as a kid, where they travel to the dark side of the moon and one of the rocket-legs breaks of when they land on the moon.

All versions I have found now, are short versions and they seem to skip most of the good parts of the big version.

Can anyone tell me where i can find the big version. I have been looking for it everywhere....

Regards
Smiley
chevet
Belgium Correspondent
#2 · Posted: 7 Nov 2005 21:28
I am afraid I cann't answer your question. Let me add some more details to help you. The "Ellipse" serie (which is now available in the shops) is very close to the original books. In 1960, the Belvision Studio produced various episodes , based on the books but with big variations. As I read your explanations, I suppose you are talking of the Belvision serie.What you see now regularly on televison is not a shorter version of the Belvsion serie (what you call "big version") but another one.
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 8 Nov 2005 06:18
As to where to find it, I suggest looking for a secondhand VHS copy off Ebay, just make sure it is the Belvision version though

Rik
olzen
#4 · Posted: 6 Dec 2005 10:37
What is the average price of the Belvision episodes on VHS? I've only got The Calculus Affair taped off TV, and I'd really like to get ahold of the rest.

As a sidenote, was the old Prisoners of The Sun-film ever released on DVD?
Richard
UK Correspondent
#5 · Posted: 6 Dec 2005 12:55
olzen
What is the average price of the Belvision episodes on VHS? I've only got The Calculus Affair taped off TV, and I'd really like to get ahold of the rest.

You can pick them up generally for a couple of pounds, it's very unusual to see them go for more than £5 each.

As a sidenote, was the old Prisoners of The Sun-film ever released on DVD?

It's due for release in Anchor Bay's feature film box set. It was scheduled for last month but for some reason was delayed - it's now set for the 27th of March 2006. The box set will contain The Calculus Affair, Prisoners of the Sun and Tintin and the Lake of Sharks.
olzen
#6 · Posted: 6 Dec 2005 14:46
Thanks for the info! Guess I'll start watching eBay more regularly! The Anchor Bay box set sounds like quite a treat and the release date is just two days prior to my birthday - good timing! Too bad they probably won't include other dubs/subtitles than English and French, but you can't win it all! I'll certainly pick up that gem...

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!