Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

The new Doctor Who

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 

jock123
#31 · Posted: 16 Jun 2005 10:17
Pelaphus
the story that bridges the gap between the new backstory (the war that destroyed Gallifrey) and the introduction of the new Doctor is to appear in an IMMINENT novel

I don’t believe it’s a bridge, and certainly won’t be recogized by RTD as such. He has consulted only with writers of the 9th Doctor books, not the “old” series novels (I’m assuming that we are talking about Lance Parkin’s Gallifrey novel?). It was because of the possibility of it being taken as such that it was moved out of the publishing schedule (which would have had it come out during the blaze of DW publicity in the run up to CE’s debut) to after the current series is finished.

It will be a regular paperback, rather than one of the (strangely ‘quilted’) new hard-backs.

Don’t expect any major tie-in with the Time War! Or Bad Wolf! Or a proper regeneration scene…! I think Lance has said that the fact that both series have destroyed Gallifrey and the Time Lords is just a case of two lots of people seeing the same good idea…

As a corollary to that, however, I will say that RTD is a real fan-boy/ magpie, and if there is anything in there he wants to assimilate, then I’m sure he will! ;-)

But I think that the Charter is safe!
midnightblueowl
#32 · Posted: 14 Nov 2005 20:53
I still like Jon Pertwee best. My favourite show was the 1st I ever saw - terror of the autons. They still creep me out.
jock123
#33 · Posted: 15 Nov 2005 17:18
midnightblueowl
I still like Jon Pertwee best.
That’s not a bad thing! ;-)
I think he was probably the best too, but Christopher Eccleston was impressive…

It’s all go, Doctor Who-wise, what with a spin-off series (Torchwood), a special mini-episode on Friday evening for the Children In Need telethon (a real, proper thing too - not a spoof or a sketch!), the Christmas episode on Christmas Day, and a special interactive digital episode immediately after…

Add to that and the swell of publicity for the new re-designed Cybermen in the British press, and the toys hitting the shops, and it is DW heaven…!
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#34 · Posted: 15 Nov 2005 18:42
Can't wait for all this new material ! :o)

And there are new Cybermen ?! Fantastic news ! I always preferred them to the Daleks, personally. Do you have any photos to hand, jock ?
jock123
#35 · Posted: 16 Nov 2005 12:03
I don’t, but the BBC do! ;-)

You will find them in all their flared-trouser “if-I-only-had-a-heart-where-did-I-put-my-axe?” glory here. Click the “Cybermen Revealed” link.

Try not to sing “We’re off to see the Wizard”…

Oh, and there’s an up-coming Radio 2 documentary about the show, as well as Paul McGann adventures on Radio7 (they may be on a break at the moment, but they will be back)…

Page  Page 4 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!