Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Need some help regarding Tintin in the Congo

ChewyfromAustralia
#1 · Posted: 20 Nov 2005 11:18
Hi all, I'm a new member and I need some help/advice.

I live in southern Tasmania (island state of Australia) and I've found a website that has copies of Tintin in the Congo, its the only one I don't have and I really want it.

Problem is, the website is advertising TWO different copies of it.

1. Plain Tintin in the Congo (cover looks like a normal cover)$25AUST
2. The Adventures of Tintin in the Congo:Reporter for Le Petit Vingtieme $43AUST

This might be a stupid question, but are they both the same, or is there a difference? If they are different, what are the differences?

And the question I'd really like to know the answer to- WHICH ONE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND THAT I BUY?

Please reply ASAP, many thanks

Chewy from Australia
marsbar
#2 · Posted: 21 Nov 2005 03:50
Welcome to our community, Chewy.

Chewy wrote: 1. Plain Tintin in the Congo (cover looks like a normal cover) $25AUST
2. The Adventures of Tintin in the Congo: Reporter for Le Petit Vingtieme $43AUST

Buy both - the first is the colour edition; the second is the original black and white edition.

For more details about each edition, just do a search . :-)
mountainous menagerie
#3 · Posted: 21 Nov 2005 13:11
by all means buy both, but I think that if you were going to get one, the black and white version is better. the colour edition leaves out some details, which take away from the charm of the story, in an attempt to 'de-politicise' parts of the book. also, the colouring of the african landscape (green grass, etc.) has been criticised by some.
ChewyfromAustralia
#4 · Posted: 23 Nov 2005 14:29
Well today I brought the colour version, but later on I'll most likely buy the original black and white version.

Thanks for your help.

I also bought Land of the Soviets today, haven't read it yet but am itching to read it the moment I have some spare time up my sleeve. Its in the original black and white, hopefully it'll be a good read.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!