Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

How many Tintin books do you have (or have read)?

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

MoonRocket
#21 · Posted: 29 Dec 2004 02:29
I have all the color english Tintin books (from America to Picaros), plus I just got the black and white versions of Soviets and Congo for Christmas. (I really wish they would translate the color version of Congo to english...) I also have Destination New York (Jo and Zette) and the Tintin Games book (does anyone else have this? It's weird). I don't have Alph-art nor have I read it, and something tells me I just don't want to.
ddelmoli
#22 · Posted: 29 Dec 2004 03:47
I have all of them except Soviets, Congo and Alph-Art, Methuen editions for the most part, Magent of The Blue Lotus and Atlantic Little Brown of Tintin in America and Tintin and the Picaros.

They're all about 28 years old now - got them in Europe in the mid 70's - and they're pretty tattered by now.

I'd like to replace them - what's the best way to get replacements?
Should I get hard covers?
snafu
#23 · Posted: 27 Feb 2005 22:18
I've read everything but "Tintin in the Congo" and "Tintin and the Alph-Art"
23duff
#24 · Posted: 21 Nov 2005 01:20
I have "Tintin In America" through to "Tintin and the Picaros". Along with that, I also have:
"Tintin in the land of the Soviets",
"Tintin in the Congo",
"Tintin, The complete companion",
"Tintin, pocket companion",
"Tintin at Sea",
"Tintin and Alph-Art",
"Tintin and the Lake of Sharks" (in English and Spanish),
"Tintin en el Congo" (Spanish),
"The little book of Peril",
"The little book of Travel",
"Mr. Pump's Legacy",
"Destination, New York"
and "The Secret Ray".

I really want to get a hold of the making of books as they are no longer available except on e-Bay for extortionate prices.
celalli
#25 · Posted: 21 Nov 2005 19:37
English
Tintin in Tibet
The Red Sea Sharks
King Ottokar's Sceptre
The Blue Lotus
Land of Black Gold
The Calculus Affair
The Lake of Sharks
Explorers on the Moon
The Secret of The Unicorn
The Broken Ear
The Crab with Golden Claws

Turkish
The Black Island (Kara Ada)
Tintin in the Land of the Soviets (Sovyetler'de)
Red Rackham's Treasure ( Kızıl Korsan'ın Hazinesi )
Tintin and the Picaros (Pikarolar)
The Castofiore Emerald (Kastafiore'nin Mücevherleri)
Flight 714 ( Sidney'e 714 Sefer Sayılı Uçuş)
Tintin in America (Amerika'da)
The Cigars of Pharaoh ( Firavunun Puroları )
Tintin in the Congo (Kongo'da)
The Shooting Star (Esrarengiz Yıldız)

German
Der Geheimnisvolle Stern (Shooting Star)

I've read 23 adventures (Alph-Art is not published in Turkish yet.)

Despite reading The Seven Crystal Balls and Prisoners of the Sun but I have not got them in my library yet.

· Jo, Zette & Jocko: Mr. Pump's Legacy
· Jo, Zette & Jocko: The Valley of the Cobras (in Turkish Kobralar Vadisi, but the names are not Jo, Zette & Jocko. They have translated it as Panpan. It is by Hergé, but I think it is not an offcial publication).

· Popol Out West
· Tintin: The Complete Companion Michael Farr
· Le Musee imaginaire de Tintin (Hergé, Bob De Moor, Michel Baudson,Diddier Platteau, Michel Demoret, Chang Ning Ho) I wish I could read French. Anyone knows this book has an English translation?
· Tintin Games Book
· Tintin Action Play Book 2
· De Avonturen van Kuifje in Portugal Jan Aarnout Boer 2004)
And some pirates.
Because of the experiences I know what could happen to my books, I do not give one from my collection to anyone.
23duff
#26 · Posted: 21 Nov 2005 20:12
oh yeah, And "The Valley of the Cobras" oops sorry.
aliamerjee
#27 · Posted: 23 Nov 2005 11:19
i have read all tintin albums written by herge, own all of them, except for alph art. i also have a copy of Tintin in Thailand - a now banned pastiche

Dear advnarayan,
I beleive you're Indian.Since I am one too please inform me as to how you procured there books,I mean "Tintin In The Congo" ,"Tintin In Tghe Land Of The Soviets" and "tintin in thailand"
olzen
#28 · Posted: 25 Nov 2005 17:17
All of the official ones, including Congo (not a rarity 'round these parts - matter of fact, it just got re-issued) and Alph-Art.
bianca
#29 · Posted: 26 Nov 2005 10:57
I've read them all except the Soviets and I've read Tintin in the Congo in French 'cos it was illegal here - don't know if it still is. But not Alph Art.
ChewyfromAustralia
#30 · Posted: 3 Dec 2005 15:38
I have all the official ones except the Alph Art one and Tintin in the Congo in the original Black & White. I've read all of the original Comics obviously. I don't have nor have I read Tintin in Thailand, Tintin the New World one or another one you've mentioned on here but I can't remember the name of it.

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!