Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Mistake with Skut in "The Red Sea Shark"?

aliamerjee
#1 · Posted: 1 Dec 2005 04:45
After viewing the video of The Red Sea Sharks released by Ellipse-Nelvana, I came across the scene in which, as Skut comes ashore, Tintin says "Pioter Skut, I can't believe it's you!"

According to this statement Tintin has already encountered Skut in one of his earlier adventures, but if so, where, and in which one?

I would like to find out...!

Ali
jock123
#2 · Posted: 1 Dec 2005 14:28
It seems to me that they probably tried to eliminate the need for the stories to be shown in a specific order (stories rather than episodes, because obviously the two-parters have to have part one before part two!); this has advantages for the viewer and broadcaster both. Skut appears in two stories, so Tintin addressing him this way lets those who might have seen 714 first be reminded, and gives him a name for the new viewers.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!