Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Happy New Year 2006 !

tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#1 · Posted: 1 Jan 2006 00:04
Just wanted to give everyone on the forum my best wishes for the year ahead ! It's already 2006 here in the UK, so I thought I'd post something, even if it's still 2005 elsewhere. ;o)
jockosjungle
#2 · Posted: 1 Jan 2006 09:47
Happy New Year from me as well!
Posted: Dec 31, 2005 16:04:44 Tsk, Tsk, a little early I think! HAHA!
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#3 · Posted: 1 Jan 2006 12:17
Happy New Year to all! Does anyone want to offer some Tintin-related predictions for 2006? Ed
jockosjungle
#4 · Posted: 1 Jan 2006 15:01
Hopefully the Last Gasp book finally gets published and we have some solid info on the new film

To be honest we had such a good year for Tintin last year I cannot see this one being as good

Rik
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#5 · Posted: 1 Jan 2006 19:00
I agree, it'll be hard to beat 2004 and 2005 in relation to Tintin. Although, who knows ? If more info about the movie is revealed, it could be just as good ! :o)
Harrock n roll
#6 · Posted: 1 Jan 2006 20:54
Happy New Year folks!

One for the grapevine rather than a prediction; Michael Farr mentioned in a talk he gave at the Tintin festival that he'd been working on a *new* book (for 2 years apparently) about the characters in Tintin. That could bear fruit this year, hopefully.

And Moulinsart et al. could follow up on the momentum from last year and release some more books in English which we don't yet have like the Numa Sadoul book or even a 1943 "Black Island". However, I reckon it's more likely we'll get more Tintin annuals. Mmmm.
Lee John Parlett
#7 · Posted: 3 Jan 2006 03:44
Hi all,
Just a quickie to say I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of you. I can't think of a better place and a more knowledgeable crowd to learn and talk about Tintin than here. Heres to healthy, indepth and lively discussions! Please email me to say hi anytime, I look forward to meeting you all.
Lee John Parlett
parlettlee[at]hotmail.com
advnarayan
#8 · Posted: 3 Jan 2006 07:29
Hi and happy new year from India! My new year wish include: a reprint of Tintin and Blue Oranges; Tintin and Golden Fleece; the first time publication of the Tintin stage plays written by Herge - The Disappearance of Mr Boullock, and Tintin in India: The mystery of the Blue Diamond (in English of course). Wonder if any one from Moulinsart is also reading this :)
narayan
advnarayan[-at-]yahoo.com

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!