Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Chinese Tintin books from the 1970s

manuStudio
#1 · Posted: 10 Jan 2006 21:56
Hi all,
I'm a big fan of Tintin for many years and just found this forum. Very cool.
I have many Tintin items but I just got for Xmas something very interesting. It's the almost complete collection of Tintin books in Chinese version, sized 10cm x 6cm and dated about 1970s all in good conditions.
Each books are in two parts with a color cover page and black and white inside and all Chinese text.
I think the books are very rare as I have never seen them before, and I have come across lots of Tintin items.
Does anyone here with big Tintin knowledge have come across something like that? Does anyone know how much the books would be worth?
I am trying to frame them together into two frames.
Thanks for your help.
marsbar
#2 · Posted: 10 Jan 2006 23:15
Hi and welcome to our community, manuStudio.
I know the books you are talking about; I have seen numerous sets floating around, which makes me think they are probably not worth a lot... monetarily.
Cheers,
marsbar
manuStudio
#3 · Posted: 11 Jan 2006 20:22
Thanks for your feedback.
Harrock n roll
#4 · Posted: 12 Jan 2006 01:18
There was a glut of Chinese 70s editions on ebay until fairly recently and most were being sold from the US I believe. I don't recall them fetching particularly high prices, not that ebay is a reliable guide to an items rarity or value.

Etienne Pollet, the keeper of Tintin at Casterman, gave a very interesting talk with slides at last years Tintin festival concerning some of the many translations of the books. The old Chinese editions mentioned here were covered despite their 'unofficial' status. Fanny and Nick Rodwell, who were also present, didn't run screaming from the building.
manuStudio
#5 · Posted: 12 Jan 2006 21:04
Thanks,
Just to say that I had made a small mistake about the size of those book, they are actually 9 X 13 cm.
I have taken a photo to show what they look like, and I already framed some, I like it as a display even if they are not worth much, i like them because of their size makes it unusal to me.

[Invalid URL removed by Mod]

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!