Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin Black and White Facsimiles: General discussion

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 

igagli
#51 · Posted: 9 Feb 2006 06:47
Moulinsart Japan announce that all 9 b/w tintin books will be translated to Japanese.

Here is the information of black and white, Japanese Edition.
http://www.taiyosha.co.jp/tintin/mono.html

Automatic translation (for your help)
http://ocn.amikai.com/amiweb/browser.jsp?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.taiyosha .co.jp%2Ftintin%2Fmono.html&display=2&langpair=2%2C1&c_id=ocn&lang=JA& toolbar=yes
number1fan
#52 · Posted: 19 Apr 2009 17:07
Well English translations for the 4 remaining B & W books have been done.But moulinsart wont give a realease date.I remember the wait from getting Tintin in the Congo and Tintin in American in the black and white format.Lets hope end of this year,early next.
Linda UK
#53 · Posted: 28 Jun 2012 15:28
I hope someone could clearly explain, or anyone who knows, exactly what English-language B&W facsimiles are available, and what's in- or out-of-print, or when they were last published and printed?

Like most fans I have the obvious B&W Land of The Soviets, and Congo, from when they were about in 1999.

I also have the B&W Tintin in America, which some friends surprised me with when they came back from New York in 2004-05.

I know, and have read all in this thread, that others have been published, but I'm not really sure if all have been, and if so, exactly what is available, and if any are still in print?

Although I'd really like a few, if not all, of the B&W facsimiles, I wouldn't be prepared to pay high-price auction site collector-prices, but would certainly like to get some now if they are at all available at prices similar to the English colour facsimiles?

Out of the early B&W books that i'd seriously like to add to my collection, my favourites would be Black Island and King Ottokar's Sceptre, and possibly Blue Lotus or Cigars of The Pharaoh.

Any up to date information on these books recent publishing details, availability, reviews, and price estimates, would be very helpful.

In the case of these not being in print or easily obtainable in English, then any alternative information on the French/Belgian versions could also be useful to know.
mct16
#54 · Posted: 29 Jun 2012 15:34
Linda UK
The Tintinologist Official Tintin Books' guide indicates that English black & white facsimile editions of "Blue Lotus" and "Cigars of the Pharaoh" are available.

However, I can only find them on American websites. They do not appear to be available in Britain.

You can find "Cigars" on Amazon.com (US) and "Blue Lotus" on the same site.

Linda UK:
any alternative information on the French/Belgian versions could also be useful to know.

What kind of information?
Linda UK
#55 · Posted: 29 Jun 2012 18:01
mct16

Thanks, I'll have a look at the link you gave.
I did do a basic Google search on the B&W books, and seemed to only find rather expensive copies (Blue Lotus) on ebay, etc.

I wondered if either Black Island or Ottokar's Sceptre had been released in B&W English facsimiles?

The information I referred to regarding alternative French/Belgian B&W Facsimiles, was in the case of the English B&W books being either out of print, or not released, and thought in that case maybe French versions existed in print at reasonable prices - like the colour facsimiles?
mct16
#56 · Posted: 29 Jun 2012 18:39
Linda UK
The British branch of Amazon is making many French comics available here and these include the old Tintin B&W editions:

"Cigars of The Pharaoh" as "Tintin fac-simile nb - les cigares du pharaon";
"Blue Lotus" as "Le lotus bleu";
"Broken Ear" as "Tintin fac-simile nb - l'oreille cassee";
"Black Island" as "Tintin fac-simile nb - l'ile noire";
"King Ottokar's Sceptre" as "Tintin fac-simile nb - le sceptre d'ottokar";
"Crab with the Golden Claws" as "Tintin fac-simile nb - le crabe aux pince d'or".
Linda UK
#57 · Posted: 29 Jun 2012 20:28
mct16

Thanks again mct16 for this information.
I've had a look now at the links you gave, and just to confirm these are definitely B&W Facsimiles, and not colour, I assume the "nb" in the listings titles is "noir/blanc"?
Just want to be sure before I end up ordering colour facsimiles by mistake!
Although I'd rather like all these B&W editions, I think I will have to limit myself (financially!) to my favourite few, which in my case will be Black Island and King Ottokar's Sceptre.
This seems to be my best option, as I don't suppose theres any guarantee that these particular later B&W facsimiles will definitely be released as English editions, and it is mainly for the B&W art work that I want these books, and anyway the French language editions would add to the originality of these facsimiles.
mct16
#58 · Posted: 29 Jun 2012 20:42
Linda UK:
I assume the "nb" in the listings titles is "noir/blanc"?

Good assumption.

Yes, these are the B&W editions. Of course, if you do order them and they turn out to be the colour editions, you can always lodge a complaint and get a refund.
Colonel Jorgen
#59 · Posted: 30 Jun 2012 15:44

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!