Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin video game: Prisoners of the Sun - how to play

Page  Page 1 of 8:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Jyrki21
#1 · Posted: 6 Jun 2004 23:24
Hi everyone,
I recently got a SNES version of the "Prisoners of the Sun" video game and I don't understand how to play! Does anyone here know the controls? I know you can walk, run, jump, crouch, and crawl... but how, e.g., do you get over the big box in the museum right at the start of the game?
If anyone can help, that'd be awesome!
rastapopoulos
#2 · Posted: 7 Jun 2004 16:47
I have the Mega Drive version of 'Tintin in Tibet', and I can see why you are puzzled, the games are quite hard and frustrationg, but still very playable and keep to the storylines quite well. I expect you keep getting killed and dont know what to do, but there is a dodge move (which is up or down) which makes you move out of the way of hazards that come flying at you. When i got the game it had no manual and i was frustrated untill i worked this out. The games (Prisoners of the Sun and Tintin in Tibet by Infrogrammes) look beautiful, but are hard as rock, and there are level code cheats you can find on the internet!
Jyrki21
#3 · Posted: 7 Jun 2004 17:22
Thanks for the help, but could you be more specific? I got the up/down motion, but it seems there must be a way to grab onto things that I'm missing. (Tintin jumps with his hands out, as though he's reaching for something).

And if not, there's a box I can't climb over on only the third screen of Prisoners of the Sun. (And a train I can't get onto in Tintin in Tibet!)

Is there a really obvious "grab" control I'm missing?
pauldurdin
Moderator Emeritus
#4 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 03:21
No, there's a 'double jump' move...on the PC this requires using both the run and jump keys together.

Paul
Jyrki21
#5 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 04:33
I discovered that (you just mean the high-jump, right?) But then how do I get over that tall box early in the game?

Or what do I do with the train in Tintin in Tibet?

(Basically, are the only actions 'run' and 'jump'?)
rastapopoulos
#6 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 09:42
In 'Tintin in Tibet' there are some logs which look like the background, but you can actually jump on them! then onto the train.
Jyrki21
#7 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 12:59
OK, I finally figured out that you can *pick things up*... this was the big command I was missing!

Am I supposed to go onto the train, or throw boxes onto the rails and go from there?
rastapopoulos
#8 · Posted: 8 Jun 2004 13:02
I remember you have to put the box down, stand on it and from there you can jump onto a branch or bush that looks like the background. From there you can jump onto the Train I think. something like that anyway!
Jyrki21
#9 · Posted: 10 Jun 2004 02:31
New question: can you tell me what to do aboard the Pachacamac in "Prisoners of the Sun"?
pauldurdin
Moderator Emeritus
#10 · Posted: 12 Jun 2004 03:04
I've answered this exact question several times before...which is sort of ironic because I originally asked my brother for help doing this level -- my screen at full brightness was too dark to see things properly! :)

Anyway, here's a rough guide, from one of my emails:

You first have to find a lever to turn the engines on. It's somewhere at the far left end of the ship. Then you have to pull a crane lever up the left-hand stairs (dodge the guard by going to the back or front: up and down keys). A doorway will be cleared near the middle of the ship, so go into it. Go through that place till you find a bottle, and pick it up by pressing the down key when you're standing near it. Drop down, and go past the bunks and out the door. Go to the right-hand stairs now, and throw the bottle at the guard up there by pressing B or N (don't remember which key). Another doorway will be cleared now, so go into it to finish the level.

Paul

Page  Page 1 of 8:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!