Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Welcome to the Forums: Discuss your user name!

Page  Page 5 of 18:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  18  Next » 

x35
#41 · Posted: 14 Feb 2006 00:59
my name is a reference to the original names of thomson and thompson, back when they were called x33 and x34. I'm not saying I'm the third one or anything but I thought it was cool.
labrador road 26
#42 · Posted: 14 Feb 2006 04:29
My alias if of course Tintins adress when he lived in Brussels. The french version Rue du Labrador was already taken so I went for the english name. In Sweden, where I am from, it would be Labradorgatan but that would probably make most people just wonder, so english was the best way to go.
sprabs
#43 · Posted: 19 Feb 2006 09:13
Hi,

sprabs was the idea of my brother really who shares a similar name to that of mine. sprabs is derived ffrom our real names.

I decided to use this name for my gmail account & later on as my online login name. It has that mysticism about it & yet sounds informal enough to be used online.

$
andrea
#44 · Posted: 10 Mar 2006 20:11
Mine well I think Andrea is the best character in "The Guns of Naverone" and it's a great book so I thought i'ld pinch the name ;-)
SingingGandalf
#45 · Posted: 18 Mar 2006 10:32
Well, there aren't many Tintin related names left, so I thought i'd take my name from Gandalf from J.R.R. Tolkien's brilliant books. I thought it would be better to make him light hearted so I made him 'laugh'. Maybe, if I can I will change it to be more Tintin related.
Martin
#46 · Posted: 21 Jun 2006 16:59
My name is Martin, and I was quite surprised nobody else was using it. I suppose it sounds a bit like Tintin, no?
The Curtis Family
#47 · Posted: 5 Aug 2006 16:09
my user name is be cuz i set up a family account for my family
doubleT
#48 · Posted: 6 Aug 2006 20:16
My user name is preety self explanetoure.

Tintin's name has two t's, so hence forth doubleT.

Also, I got the idea from my second favorite cartoon right after Tinin, Ed, Edd,n'Eddy, since one of the characters on it is often referd to as Double D.
bertoia
#49 · Posted: 6 Sep 2006 05:56
Since I just joined recently, I assumed all the obvious Tintin references were taken. I chose bertoia for the bench Haddock knocks over in Tintin and the Picaros. I guess it's also a tribute to Hergé's careful attention to detail in the later books, and a reference to my interest in Mid Century Modern furniture.
number1fan
#50 · Posted: 6 Sep 2006 11:13
Number1fan think about it lol ;)

Page  Page 5 of 18:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  18  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!