Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Rodier's art

midnightblueowl
#1 · Posted: 15 Feb 2006 15:51
I know some think Rodiers good, others don't. I used to think he was, till I saw more of his work, particularly page 25 of his alph-art on the 2nd scene. It is completely dispraportioned. Anyone who has a copy look. Oh well, at least he's brought us a completed Alph-art, and it's better than I could do.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 15 Feb 2006 16:03
I’m not certain what your purpose is in this thread, as you more or less just make statements. It might be better if you developed an idea, and set it up in such a way that other people on the forum might like to debate the issues you raise.

For example, you might want to say something like, “Many people seem to think that Rodier has produced some of the most Hergé-like artwork - some would say the equal of Hergé. I would have thought so myself, but on reflection, his drawing does not live up to the reputation. What do others think?”

That way, it opens the discussion up.

I know every Tintin fan has their pet likes and dislikes, but why this obsession with pirate books and unofficial stories anyway?
Teak
#3 · Posted: 15 Feb 2006 16:35
Rodier's artwork in "Alph-Art" is pretty rough in spots; but he was very young when he finished up the story. I think that overall the album is a brilliant piece of work, his appreciation of Herge really shows through. I'm glad he did it.

His artwork for 20th century reporter and Sorceress looks fantastic, though. Too bad he didn't go back and re-do Alph-Art. I'd still like to see it - and additional stories - published as "official" albums.
midnightblueowl
#4 · Posted: 15 Feb 2006 22:10
I agree, Mas, looking over Le Lac de la Sorcière, it is of great quality. Hergé’s early black and white works were not very good either, but he improved drastically. It must be the same for Rodier.

Teak:
Too bad he didn't go back and re-do Alph-Art.

Rodier did go back and completely re do it. This version is only available on CD-Rom and is very rare. The drawing is meant to be much better, but it is so rare I have never seen one for sale anywhere.

jock123:
why this obsession with pirate books and unofficial stories anyway?

I’m not so much obsessed with them as much as I want to learn new Tintin adventures. Hergé left so many ideas, even if he didn’t like all of them, he left Alph-Art, Le ThermoZéro, Les Pilules, Mr Boullock Disappears, Tintin in India, one set in an airport, among others.

Also it's a subject so incredibly vast and thanks to Moulinsart, cast all over the Internet, so I want to piece all the works (tasteful anyway) together for Tintinologists to enjoy (if that’s their sort of thing).

I also just have found out a lot on the subject as I try and find them to add to my Tintin colllection. However, no fake has ever beaten a real Hergé and never will.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!