Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin's strength

miloumuttmitt
#1 · Posted: 23 Feb 2006 01:11
Tintin has been known to knock people out with one punch. Does he know a martial art or something?
sprabs
#2 · Posted: 23 Feb 2006 17:29
Well tintin has always been a mix of courage, strength, brains & luck right from congo to alph-art.

His strength might partially stem from his exercising & trekking habits (Tibet & Destination moon).

Not just pure strength, he also has some equally great talent with guns & driving. He has actually 'driven' a spaceship. Bet he is the only one from the journalism fraternity to have done that... :-)

$
miloumuttmitt
#3 · Posted: 23 Feb 2006 19:25
He also exercises in Ear,Prisoners and Picaros.
71N71Nfan
#4 · Posted: 24 Feb 2006 04:36
I can discreetly remember in Flight 714 that Tintin charges the guards whom come into the bunker Tintin and co. were prisoners in, and punched the two out. I remember Haddock and Skut saying something like, "Wham, right upper cut to the jaw" or something... wouldn't that be classed as boxing? Then, would it be that Tintin took self deffense lessons in that area?
Blaise
#5 · Posted: 26 Feb 2006 06:40
Well discretion is the better part of valour as someone (Nestor?) once said!

Most people couldn't knock someone out with ten punches let alone one, but that's what makes Tintin so difficult to beat.
dreamdust
#6 · Posted: 22 Mar 2009 09:24
I've always been under the impression that Tintin possessed strength far exceeding that which one would expect from someone of his stature. Some people just seem to get everything *sigh*
sliat_1981
#7 · Posted: 8 May 2017 11:22
He easily defeats the three muscular guards in The Blue Lotus (I found that highly implausible).
He only beats the bullies in Prisoners by one of them punching the wall, and another being attacked by Snowy.

He clearly didn't stand a chance against that shipmate in Black Gold.
mct16
#8 · Posted: 9 May 2017 18:45
Tintin does punch the shipmate to the ground when he originally believes that the man was beating Snowy. He may even have been able to fight the man afterwards, especially after he had punched the air vent, but refrained since Tintin was the one who was in the wrong.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!