Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Which character that is in one book would you like to see more?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Tintin and Snowy
#1 · Posted: 23 Feb 2006 02:17
Which person, who made an appearance in only one album, would you like to have seen reappear in another Tintin book?
Personally, I'd probably have to say Doctor Sarcophagus in Cigars of the Pharaoh, as it would have been interesting to see him again, and watch how he confuses everyone.

Imagine if he'd shown up in The Seven Crystal Balls or Prisoners of the Sun as a professor studying the Inca people!
I'd really enjoy seeing him again!
sprabs
#2 · Posted: 23 Feb 2006 17:23
I would say it would have to be between Chang (Tintin in Tibet) & 'The Translator' (Flight 714).

If there is one character in the whole Tintin series who is closer to Tintin than the regular characters, it is Chang.

The 'death' of Chang was like a personal loss for Tintin as he considered him a younger brother. Tell me if I am wrong, but my memory tells me that Chang appears only in Tintin in Tibet?

If I am wrong about the above, then it would have to be "The Translator" in Flight 714, the one who has a headphone plugged into his ear and who contacted "people from outside".
He has that mysticism in him, as well as the humour.
He even seems to have a special rapport with Calculus.
Harrock n roll
#3 · Posted: 24 Feb 2006 00:24
Tell me if I am wrong, but my memory tells me that Chang had appeared only in Tintin in Tibet.

You're wrong! :) He first appears in The Blue Lotus, then Tibet. And he later gets a name-drop in The Castafiore Emerald.

Doctor Sarcophagus was a great character, definitely worthy of a second appearance. I'd also like to have seen Professor Phostle, perhaps in the moon books in place of Wolff who I've always regarded as a bit of a wet blanket.

He was slated to appear in an early scenario for the Moon adventures, written for Hergé by some colleagues, which would have cast him as a baddie.

I couldn't ever picture him as a baddie myself but I like his eccentricity and think he would have made an interesting sparring partner with Professor Calculus.

Conversely I think it's notable that the earlier adventures have a greater sense of freedom than the later ones, partly because Hergé had built up the cast of regulars to such an extent they tended to bog down the story somewhat.

By the time of Picaros most of the characters have already appeared in other books and Tintin becomes something of a passenger in his own adventure.
labrador road 26
#4 · Posted: 27 Feb 2006 11:28
I just thought of the good twin Nestor Halambique in Ottokar's sceptre, what if HE had signed the false paintings in Alph-art as a way to help Alfred, his brother who was in some sort of trouble with Akass. Since he was an expert at sigils and maybe even autographs he could maybe be pretty good at making forgeries of the famous artists signatures on the paintings themselves.

Anyway the good/bad twins from Sceptre would be interresting to see again. Perhaps in a completely new story about some type of sigil forgery. Nestor, the good twin has to do some criminal activities as a way to help his brother Alfred, which he still loves and in the end they are both united and fights the master criminal and the bad twin is redeemed. Tintin would of course also be part of this story as the catalyst for the unification of the brothers. Haddock says that once a criminal always a criminal but Tintin anyway believes in the sincerity of Alfred and wants to give him a second chance. Perhaps Alfred convinces his brother the bad habit of smoking and Nestor quits.

Some philosofical aspects of this story:
Nestor - Is it justifiable to do criminal activities because of brotherly love?

Alfred - Are criminals worth a second chance?
SingingGandalf
#5 · Posted: 8 Apr 2006 16:23
I don't know why, but I'd like to see more of the Syldavian police officer seen at the start of Destination Moon, who gives the Captain his water.
I'd like to see a book all about him!
snowybella
#6 · Posted: 21 Jun 2017 03:00
I would like to see Vlipvliop from Soviets to make a comeback, as a police officer in Borduria perhaps. Or maybe he would be a guest in Endadine Akass's palace in Ischa, in Alph-Art. He might even have become one of Tapioca's soldiers in the Picaros, as a spy for Syldavia!
Furienna
#7 · Posted: 14 Feb 2019 21:32
Zorrino in "Prisoners of the sun"

Carreidas and Dr Krollspell in "Flight 714 to Sydney"
RicardoOlcese
#8 · Posted: 15 Feb 2019 05:16
I'd have liked some scene with Mashal Kurvi-Tasch present and making decisions.

As for characters that were only once present, perhaps Peggy Alcazar or Prof. Phostle. Both had great potential. Peggy for being more dictatorial than her dictator husband. Phostle because I know him personally, and he's a good fellow, he deserved to participate in another adventure as well.
Shivam302001
#9 · Posted: 15 Feb 2019 14:05
I think Miss Martine Vandezande had great potential to play crucial roles in subsequent adventures if Hergé would have planned any.
She could have been an antidote to the scarcity of women that is often cited as a weakness in the series, as well as adding new plot lines.
I do think she was not one of female characters who momentarily flickered into the adventures and then vanished for ever.
RicardoOlcese
#10 · Posted: 15 Feb 2019 15:23
Shivam302001
Was she a Hergé character? I don't understand much of what happens with that last Alph-Art story.
Is it Hergé's? Is it a forgery?
I think I have seen in the forum that when one mentions it, there's some consternation as if we were talking about weapons of mass destruction to be sold to Borduria.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!