Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

If you were on a deserted island, who in Tintin would accompany you?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Tintin and Snowy
#1 · Posted: 3 Feb 2006 05:11
This is a strange question, but I thought it would be interesting to see what fellow Tintin freaks wrote. So, I'd probably choose Tintin because he is really smart and would find a way to signal a ship or something like that. He would probably invent a handy shelter or even a raft to get us off the island. Tintin is really brave and fearless and at night he could scare off wild animals.
Captain Haddock would be great comapany but he's not too great about his drinking problem. Just be sure not to bring any whisky! He would certainly make me laugh with all of his " Blistering barnacles!" and "thundering typhoons!"
So what do the rest of you think?
71N71Nfan
#2 · Posted: 3 Feb 2006 10:03
Tintin, definately. He's the most resourceful, as Tintin and Snowy said.

I thought the Captain loses his taste for alcohol (thanks to Calculus in Picaros), so therefore, if you were stranded on an island and if you did have whisky, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle?

Captain would probably be the best at building a raft or something, as I remember it being mentioned on one of the Tintin casette tapes.

I don't think the Thompsons would be too useful, though I am sure they'd do their best to be. They'd be good for a laugh, most assuredly.

For some strange and unknown reason I just had the image of Calculus building a helicopter out of bamboo and coconuts... I have no idea where that came from...

But my pick would be Tintin (and Snowy, if he comes with the Tintin-package, we all need something fuzzy to cuddle when we're deserted without any hope for survival... ;) ).
midnightblueowl
#3 · Posted: 4 Feb 2006 14:44
Snowy always gets Tintin out of danger, so id bring him
Rajpal
#4 · Posted: 6 Feb 2006 03:41
Snowy always gets Tintin out of danger, so id bring him

Agree to that - I would love to take Snowy
labrador road 26
#5 · Posted: 6 Feb 2006 09:06
Definitely Calculus, first it would be very fascinating to actually see him invent (in the albums we only see the results) and to take a ride in a submarine built from coconuts and stuff would be absolutely brilliant. He would also build/invent some sort of flying apparatus, maybe a ballon or airship of some sort. Starvation would not be a problem since he would come up with some super pills that have all the nutrients that we need. I just have to make sure I shout when I talk to him, or there will be some misunderstandings.

Getting home will be easy just using the airship and his pendulum to find our way. A little more to the west you say, professor. Right you are. Hey look, could that be Atlanti...
wench
#6 · Posted: 6 Feb 2006 18:13
labrador road 26
Definitely Calculus

I second that! As a scientist, I think it would be wonderful to have a conversation with him, and to see the inventor side of him. It could potentially be rather amusing too!
jockosjungle
#7 · Posted: 7 Feb 2006 18:16
To be honest I would want someone with a bit of experience in survival. Haddock perhaps or maybe even the guy who could summon aliens.

Rik
SingingGandalf
#8 · Posted: 17 Mar 2006 16:44
Snowy or the Professor for interesting conversation.
Haddock would just probably get me killed.
Alcazar - no way.
And absolutely not Jolyon Wagg.
Martin
#9 · Posted: 21 Jun 2006 16:51
Calculus might be able to come up with an invention to get us off the island, but he'd probably drive me insane first, so I suppose I'll go with Tintin, who has good survival skills at least.
thirdmouse
#10 · Posted: 23 Jun 2006 03:01
Tintin. I don't care for desert islands; I would prefer to go home.

If Tintin weren't available, however, I'd choose Prof. Calculus. I have the impression that he needs a lab to truly be useful (not that that is ever his main focus, bless him), but his inventions would make life ...more interesting, maybe even comfortable.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!