Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Pastiches allowed by Moulinsart?

SingingGandalf
#1 · Posted: 17 Mar 2006 17:02
The idea that Herge and Moulinsart forbade all other works is a misconception. Herge gave Frederick Tuten permission to write his novel (though I don't think he would have liked the end result), and Moulinsart did give permission to the newspaper 'Le monde' to publish 'Objectif monde' (objective world), a pastiche in one of their papers.
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 18 Mar 2006 00:11
That's true. Moulinsart have nothing, per se, against parodies and pastiches. It's pirates they are against, i.e. Tintin stuff published by other people over which they have no control.

There's also a book called “L' hommage de la bande desinée, 1983-2003” which republishes many French and Belgian newspaper cartoon strips which appeared after Hergé's death in 1983.
SingingGandalf
#3 · Posted: 18 Mar 2006 09:17
Then why does this site ban 'pastiches' as well as 'parodies' and 'pirates'? They could get Moulinsart's permission first.
Harrock n roll
#4 · Posted: 18 Mar 2006 13:47
Then why does this site ban 'pastiches' as well as 'parodies' and 'pirates'? They could get Moulinsart's permission first.

Get Moulinsart's permission to distribute pirated material? That would be like asking them whether we would be allowed to do something illegal. I think I can guess what their answer would be...

And if we had to get permission to show every single parody or pastiche offered to this site we would have no time to spend enjoying the wonderful stimulating discussion on this forum :-)

This topic is closed.