Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Tintin Magazine: What are the "Reliure" volumes?

catchgops
#1 · Posted: 31 Mar 2006 12:02
Could someone tell me what these over 600 page Tintin "Reliure" magazines/journals are? Please see sample image here.

Thanks,
Gopal.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 31 Mar 2006 12:27
I believe that they are bound volumes of the Journal - “reliure” means “binding”. Rather than people having to buy the individual issues, they were released all together as a book as well; I think they were roughly three months issues per volume.
SingingGandalf
#3 · Posted: 31 Mar 2006 19:57
Are they actually from Tintin magazine? I'm suprised that these sort of comics where in that magazine. I thought it was all 'ligne claire'?
jock123
#4 · Posted: 3 Apr 2006 09:24
SingingGandalf
Are they actually from Tintin magazine? I'm suprised that these sort of comics where in that magazine.

Yes, as far as I know they are simply the comics in a bound format. Why are you surprised? What do you mean by “these sorts of comics”? I happy to be shown to be wrong and corrected, but it would be better if you could provide some sort of information about why you are doubtful - it makes things more of a discussion.
SingingGandalf
#5 · Posted: 3 Apr 2006 10:25
Why are you surprised?

The first book shows a comic called 'Thorgal'. This isn't at all ligne clair or anything similar so I'm suprised it's in the Tintin magazine. Also the subject matter looks like robin Hood or Lord of the rings or some mythical medieval theme. It just suprises me that Tintin comic had so diverse comics in it. I thought it was all 'tintinesque'.
jock123
#6 · Posted: 3 Apr 2006 10:35
SingingGandalf
This isn't at all ligne clair or anything similar so I'm suprised it's in the Tintin magazine.

The Journal had many different styles of art in it over the years, and in fact only a portion of it was comics - there were text stories and features as well.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!