Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin 3-in-1 books: love them or hate them?

Page  Page 2 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

I_love_Snowy
#11 · Posted: 7 Sep 2005 10:26
I prefer the 3 in ones but, for example, when reading Micheal Farr's book, sometimes searching for the page he is talking about becomes difficult.
Harrock n roll
#12 · Posted: 7 Sep 2005 14:55
I prefer the 3 in ones but, for example, when reading Micheal Farr's book, sometimes searching for the page he is talking about becomes difficult.

The amount of pages in the 3-in-1s must total nearly 200. I suppose - if you were really keen - you could devise 3 formulas, a different one for each individual adventure, to find the actual corresponding page numbers!
tantan
#13 · Posted: 23 Oct 2005 09:14
OMG, I just had this deja vu moment when I was just about to write a post. It's as if I saw this discussion in my dreams many years ago.

Ok, when I moved to the US, I bought all the Tintin books in 3-in-1 format except for the last one (Emerald, 714, and Picaros), which I bought as three separate full-size books.

But now I'm going to buy all the others in original size. If you enjoy the art (who doesn't), you should probably go for the full-size.
nikskrish
#14 · Posted: 24 Oct 2005 09:35
I did not like the 3in1 because the print is small and I am not able to enjoy herge's drawings.
andrea
#15 · Posted: 10 Mar 2006 20:20
My collection is the 3in 1 so I think they are better plus save money (get more books for the price)
theone
#16 · Posted: 11 Mar 2006 15:40
I do have some 3 in 1 compilations but I really don't like them that much. The colors seem less vibrant, the text is smaller, the entire thing is just smaller and less vibrant after you've read the full size. Now, maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me, but for full enjoyment it's always full size, though they get damaged more easily....
flipper78
#17 · Posted: 14 Mar 2006 07:59
I think 3 in 1 is cool since it has hard cover and stuff (In Indonesia it is difficult to find hard covered comic books) so it can be more damage proof and stuff...My collection is all 3 in 1 books
Stas Werno
#18 · Posted: 14 Mar 2006 11:26
the 3 in 1's were good for example for my dad whos a massive tintin fan but doesnt have the space or money to get them all individually.

it meant i got to read them which is good but the calculus affair is a perfect example of needing the larger size to really appreciate the drawings so i'm starting my collection proper now with the full sized hardbacks, then the facsimilies.
Rajpal
#19 · Posted: 5 Apr 2006 04:43
I am in for Full size originals!! I have tried to read some 3-1's but just hate them. I dont own any and never will.

I will be upgrading (buying) the entire Tintin collection (I have a few now) very soon.
SingingGandalf
#20 · Posted: 5 Apr 2006 13:31
I think that they are good for people who just want to read them and enjoy them, or are likely to damage paperbacks (full Tintin books are expensive to replace.)Although collectors or serious fans would probably be better off with the full books. However the 3 in 1s may become collectors items, so I may buy one.

Page  Page 2 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!