Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Doctor Who: Thoughts on Tenth Doctor?

SingingGandalf
#1 · Posted: 6 May 2006 20:38
Hi everyone
After the previous Doctor caused a stir in this thread : URL I wondered what people thought of the new tenth doctor, played by David Tennant. He is currently my 2nd favourite next to Jon Pertwee. The stories are certainly better than last series. Any thoughts?
jockosjungle
#2 · Posted: 7 May 2006 20:54
He is certainly better than Christopher Eccleston and I am really enjoying his happy go lucky Doctor. TO be honest the first two episodes I thought were poor but the last two have been excellent, last weeks episode set in the school was the best of the new Who episodes by far

Rik
SingingGandalf
#3 · Posted: 7 May 2006 21:20
Oh, I wasn't too sure on the school one, - bat creatures turning into teachers to learn the secret of the universe! But I did like the one where Queen Victoria becomes a werewolf. The first one, 'New earth' was rather good with a potent message - I believe it was meant to show the wrongs of animal experimentation by using Humans being tested on by Cat people. Can't wait to see the Cybermen back on episode 5 - it's a 2 parter set in an alternate dimension.
jock123
#4 · Posted: 8 May 2006 09:41
I’ve not yet found DT as good as CE myself - I think that it is too apparent that he is approaching it as a fan, whereas CE approached it first and foremost as a part, which made it far more believable. DT is just too much over the edge into camp for my taste. (I may be slightly influenced by the fact that it is a little disconcerting to be *older* than the last two actors to play the part, neither of whom were born when the series began… This may just make me feel a little old, and thus a little curmudgeonly…)

Last season was totally compelling, and I watched every episode at least twice; this year I’ve watched it as it was broadcast, and haven’t felt the need to watch any of them again (that said, I will re-watch Saturday’s - when all is said and done, that was a great episode!).

Roll on the Cybermen!
Harpy
#5 · Posted: 27 May 2006 22:49
I like him, I loved the school one, but mostly cause it had K-9 and Sarah Jane.

The cyberman was good too, tho a bit sad.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!