Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin serialisations: still going?

jockosjungle
#1 · Posted: 15 Jun 2004 11:35
I was just looking through some of my old Tintin collection and I found my Tintin issues from The Sunday Times a few years ago. Basically there Children's supplement The Funday Times serialised a Tintin story each week, just a page from the modern albums.

Can't remember exactly the ones they serialised but they definitely did Explorer's on the Moon cos that's the one I have, but I'm pretty sure they did more than one. Anyone remember?

Also is this a common thing that Tintin is still serialised or was this a freak occurence?

Rik
tybaltstone
#2 · Posted: 15 Jun 2004 11:55
Yes, I remember that Tintin serialisation in the Funday Times. Wish I'd kept them.
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 15 Jun 2004 11:56
I kept them because at the time I wasn't rich enough to buy a proper copy

Rik
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#4 · Posted: 15 Jun 2004 15:15
I have some issues of their serialisation of "The Black Island" and "Destination Moon".
jockosjungle
#5 · Posted: 15 Jun 2004 15:46
I remember it ran for years, well it had to at one page a day. Maybe those were the only 3 they did but I'm sure they did Prisoners

Rik

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!