Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin in The New Yorker

Tintin Quiz
#1 · Posted: 7 Jun 2006 04:18
This cover illustration appeared on the April 19, 1999 copy of The New Yorker. Art Spiegelman shows cartoon character Plastic Man gawking at Picasso paintings. But who’s in the crowd? Only two figures face the viewer. The one on the far left has a suspicious quiff and reddish hair. He looks like an adult version of Tintin. The other figure facing the viewer looks quite like Hergé’s self portraits.

I'd be interested in reader comments, and especially in any information any reader might have. I may be off base here, of course.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 7 Jun 2006 09:35
Hmmm…

I can certainly see the Tintinesque quality of the quiffed man, but the other figure looks more like Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter movies than Hergé to my eyes…

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!