Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Unexpected "Look Alike" films: (Not the) Tintin movie...? ;-)

ADP
#1 · Posted: 24 Jun 2006 23:59
Check this out!
Prisoners of the Sun

I discovered it by accident while I was doing research on Michael "Sam Fisher/Splinter Cell" Ironside (for this review). (Moderator Note: No longer working - broken link removed)
What do you make of that?
Martin
#2 · Posted: 25 Jun 2006 09:05
number1fan
#3 · Posted: 25 Jun 2006 22:05
It gets even more strange:
The Black Island
labrador road 26
#4 · Posted: 26 Jun 2006 01:48
When I first saw this page, I discussed with my girlfriend if she could see Ironside as the captain but she said he looked more like the Thompsons.
Strange though that it says filming under status but nothing about director and producer. Will this spawn another surge of rumors in the press about a new Tintin movie?
Martin
#5 · Posted: 26 Jun 2006 07:39
Will this spawn another surge of rumors in the press about a new Tintin movie?
I've actually seen several forums in which American Spielberg fans seem to be under the impression that he is making a Rin Tin Tin movie; they should really make a few announcements to clear things up.

I couldn't resist checking IMDb for some other Tintin titles to see what I would find. To my delight, the 1950 film Destination Moon includes Woody Woodpecker in the cast list!
There are, perhaps unsurprisingly, several films titled Shooting Star; and a search for "Broken ear" yielded the French 1934 film L'homme a l'oreille cassee (or The Man with a Broken Ear).
Shaggy Milou
#6 · Posted: 26 Jun 2006 12:56
Ah! You got me all excited there for a moment.

At the risk of sounding like a lout, all I can do now is imagine things such as "The Crab With the Golden Claws" being a 007 flick.
jock123
#7 · Posted: 26 Jun 2006 16:08
ADP
Check THIS out!
Hmmm… I clicked the link to Sean Patrick Flannery (listed as a cast member) and thought that should this be “our” Prisoners, he’d probably be quite good as Tintin- his photo even appears to have a quiff; then I noticed that he is only two years younger than I am, and thus already over forty, so that boots that out the window (it wouldn’t be impossible, but I doubt they could use him over three movies…).
Isabel a marche sur la lune
#8 · Posted: 21 Apr 2007 07:57
Sweet, it's George Takei!

Thats all I have to say about it. :P
...and Michael Ironside would be a great Haddock, though, personally, all I'd ever see would be him in his biker vest, murdering people.
See, he is in the *fantastic* French/ English mini-series, The Last Chapter, which is a stylized take on The Hell's Angels/ Rock Machine war, as well as most other biker activities, but with French Canadian soapy drama and *tonnes* of swearing - "Blistering barnacles!" would have probably been too polite for this series, haha!
I highly recommend it, as well as Michael Ironside, who is a very good actor. Only thing is, he'd make whoever's playing Tintin look really flimsy.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!