Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin et Moi: Availability of 75th Set with bonus disc (UK)?

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 

jock123
#1 · Posted: 13 Jun 2004 00:49
Following on from the "Up the Amazon" thread, in which it was mentioned that some of the boxed sets on the continent had a bonus disk with the documentary on it, my brother has found me one - on sale in WHSmith in Didcot! It was £24.99, which seems to be an average price. They appeared to have only the one, or he'd have bought another for himself.

It has a white sticker on it, saying that it is one of 5,000, a figure mentioned in the other thread - so it is possible that the offer is pan-European, and each territory is getting a proportion. In light of the fact that no shop I have been in around central London seems to have them would make me think that it is unlikely to be one of 5,000 in the UK.

Has anyone else come across one?
jockosjungle
#2 · Posted: 13 Jun 2004 10:14
To be honest, since I've owned the five seperate dvd's for a while now I hadn't even bothered looking. I'll take a look next time I'm in town

Rik
GurraJG
#3 · Posted: 13 Jun 2004 14:04
Kinda off-topic, but "Tintin et Moi", is that the Norweigen or Danish documentary? If it is, why is the title in French?

-Gustav
jock123
#4 · Posted: 13 Jun 2004 14:54
It’s Danish, but based on interviews given on tape to Numa Sadoul by Hergé in the Seventies. These were conducted in French, and the title is presumably a quotation from these tapes. imdb.com lists “Tintin and I” as a title for it in the UK, and “Tintin og mig” as an alternate Danish title.

There is another earlier documentary, called “Moi, Tintin”, which is also a quote from Hergé; parts of this were used in a different form as the video presentation at the recent “Tintin in the City” exhibition in Brussels.
GurraJG
#5 · Posted: 13 Jun 2004 15:19
Thanks. It's appearently called "Tintin och Jag" in Swedish. I searched for it on the internet, and I found out that SVT (the basic channel here in Sweden) had shown it several times, but I missed them all...

Is it any good?

-Gustav
rastapopoulos
#6 · Posted: 17 Jun 2004 12:24
I have just been to HMV and bought the Tintin DVD collection with ‘Tintin et Moi’ included. I quickly bought it as there were 3 sets of DVDs and the other 2 sets did NOT include the ‘Tintin et Moi’ DVD! And were exactly the same price!!! The sticker on the front said first 5000 includes the ‘Tintin et Moi’ DVD.
jockosjungle
#7 · Posted: 17 Jun 2004 12:34
I keep meaning to look for this! I'll look today before the footy starts, is the documentary in English?

Rik
rastapopoulos
#8 · Posted: 17 Jun 2004 13:13
I waiting to get home to find out if it is in English, but the blurb onthe back of the box is in English so I can presume it most certainly is. Ive seen clips of the interview on a South Bank Show special, and cant wait to view this historic documentary.
jock123
#9 · Posted: 17 Jun 2004 14:37
When was the South Bank Show special on? I never heard anything about it, but then I think that it has gone waaay down hill in the last few years, so it’s not the “must see” it once was. Was it on the documentary, Hergé or the documentary maker?

I’ve also not had the time to meet my brother and get the DVDs, but I as imagining it would be subtitled, as was the version at Greenwich, not dubbed.

And which HMV were you in, so other Tintinologists might benefit?
jockosjungle
#10 · Posted: 17 Jun 2004 20:14
I picked one up off the shelves today in HMV, Preston! Only one though

Are other members having trouble getting one cos i can scout around if they like

Rik

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!