Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Famous Tintin fans

Page  Page 5 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Bartok
#41 · Posted: 7 Jul 2006 05:08
I recall that Sting wore a Tintin and Snowy sweater in one of his music videos, about 10 or 15 years ago or so. I don't remember which one, though.
Tintin Quiz
#42 · Posted: 7 Jul 2006 18:12
I also beleive that Dustin Hoffman is one; there's a very brief scene in his movie Kramer vs Kramer (1979) where he's reading Red Rackham's Treasure to his son in bed (you can't really see the cover, but you could hear the dialogue word for word)

I have a frame from the movie on the bottom of this page:
http://tintin.eugraph.com/tqsect/feature/movies
marsbar
#43 · Posted: 9 Jul 2006 00:36
Bartok wrote: I recall that Sting wore a Tintin and Snowy sweater in one of his music videos, about 10 or 15 years ago or so. I don't remember which one, though.

It was in the music video for "We'll be together" (1988).

See also: Tintinologist Reference List - Spot Tintin in movies and in TV programmes
number1fan
#44 · Posted: 9 Jul 2006 13:09
Just becuase Dustin hoffman read a book in Kramer vs kramer doesnt mean he likes Tintin. it was probably just in the script.
Steven spielberg is a Tintin fan but i would beg him not to make the movie a i think it would ruin a repuatation of tintin i dont think anyone could make a good tintin film.
The creators of Asterix Uderzo and gosiney (check that spelling) were tintin fans.
jock123
#45 · Posted: 10 Jul 2006 09:44
number1fan
Just becuase Dustin hoffman read a book in Kramer vs kramer doesnt mean he likes Tintin. it was probably just in the script.
Well, that could be, but rumour has it it was his choice, which isn’t impossible.

Even if it isn’t the case, it means that the script-writer would be the fan, which isn’t so bad either if you think about it, as Robert Benton won an Oscar for his work…
Richard
UK Correspondent
#46 · Posted: 27 Mar 2007 17:26
Here's a new one - Hugh Grant.

He was in Brussels yesterday for the première of Music & Lyrics, and whilst meeting fans mentioned his admiration of Hergé's work. According to Tintin.com he was a member of a Tintin fan club and whenever he goes to Brussels he stops at the Tintin Shop.

Wonder if he stops by the Covent Garden shop?
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#47 · Posted: 27 Mar 2007 22:09
Here's a new one - Hugh Grant.

That is a new one to me. However, I know he used to play cricket with Harry Thompson, so it's possible they discussed their shared interest.

Ed
Balthazar
#48 · Posted: 27 Mar 2007 22:44
Now that Richard mentions him, I'm pretty sure I recall Hugh Grant choosing King Ottokar's Sceptre as his book choice when he appeared on BBC Radio Four's Desert Island Discs a few years ago, and saying that he'd been a Tintin fan since childhood.

Of course, in a Hugh Grant movie, Hugh would be the owner of the Tintin Shop in Covent Garden (staffed by his quirky but lovable friends) and would fall in love with a beautiful American actress (who comes into the shop to avoid the paperazzi and buy an overpriced resin model). Hugh would then take the rest of the film to get round to declaring his love for her. Maybe Spielberg should get Richard Curtiss to write the script for his new Tintin movie, and use this Hugh-Grant-shopkeeper concept to sort of top-and-tail the central Tintin adventure part of the film. It'd bring in the whole British Rom-Com audience.
maxmordon
#49 · Posted: 27 Mar 2007 23:33
re: Terry Gilliam wore a huge Tintin jumper at the Monty Python reunion at Aspen in March 1998.

Check out http://www.dailyllama.com/news/2003/images/pythons_aspen_1998.jpg
or
http://www.dailyllama.com/news/2003/llama188.html

Thanks! I am a big fan of Terry Gilliam; in fact Brazil is my favorite movie
Richard
UK Correspondent
#50 · Posted: 17 Jul 2007 00:40
Just spotted this on the BBC News website.

Evanna Lynch, who plays Luna Lovegood in the new Harry Potter film, said: "I was eight and stuck in a phase of reading Tintin books, but my mam wanted me to read something else that didn't have pictures."

Page  Page 5 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!