Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Tintin and I - airing in the US in July 2006

marsbar
#1 · Posted: 11 May 2006 15:02
Good news from honorary member, P. Mahler:

Anders Østergaard's film will be running on U.S. television in July.

Broadcast date: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 at 10PM (90 minutes) - please check local listings.
number1fan
#2 · Posted: 11 May 2006 15:13
I have this already - I found it at my local HMV - but must say I haven't watched it yet.
The reason for it being 90 mins long in the U.S is probably time added for adverts, so don't worry, no one has been cheated out of something extra.
My copy was quite pricey, £17.99 - I paid less for the new boxset of Tintin feature films!
jockosjungle
#3 · Posted: 11 May 2006 21:17
I'm not sure if PBS in America has adverts, I don't recall it doing so when I lived there. if it does it doesn't have as many as normal US TV

Rik
Tintinrulz
#4 · Posted: 12 May 2006 02:43
Darn. I live in Australia. The version shown on tv here was 52 minutes long. Anyone know what was cut out?
jock123
#5 · Posted: 10 Jul 2006 10:04
Here is a press release which has been sent to the moderators:

Dear Tintinologist Team:

I am writing from P.O.V., public television's award-winning series of independent nonfiction films

On Tuesday, July 11th, we are excited to present the national broadcast premiere of "Tintin and I", a documentary by Anders Østergaard that highlights the potent social and political underpinnings that give Tintin's world such depth, and delves into the mind of Hergé, Tintin's work-obsessed Belgian creator, to reveal the creation and development of Tintin, will have its national broadcast premiere on Tuesday, July 11th. Now in our 19th season on PBS, P.O.V. is American television's longest-running independent documentary series.

We have produced a companion website that will feature:
- A round-table discussion with comic artists Daniel Clowes, Chris Ware, Jessica Abel, Phoebe Gloeckner, Jason Lutes, and Seth.
- A look at Tintin in America.
- Thoughts from filmmaker Anders Østergaard
- Resources and links to other websites about cartooning and Tintin.

"Tintin and I" premieres Tuesday, July 11th at 10 PM (check local listings) on most PBS stations.

Best regards,
Larissa Tempel, Community Engagement Intern
budrew2
#6 · Posted: 12 Jul 2006 18:26
In fact, it aired last night in my town. This was the first time I even heard of Tintin et moi, but, I must say I loved it. Very, very well done - the way that they made Hergé's original prints "3D", i thought that was just to die for!
kirthiboy
#7 · Posted: 12 Jul 2006 20:44
I saw it yesterday for the first time and I really liked it very much.
I found the beginning of it little hard to get interested, until they started showing the relation of Hergé's life to his work.

I wish the documentary revealed more of Hergé's original sketches and his writings as to how he came up with his ideas.
I like the part where in the ending page of Coke en Stock, he writes about the idea of Tintin going to Tibet.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to view all the paintings Hergé did, like the ones they showed in the documentary, or possible to buy them anywhere?
schnelle
#8 · Posted: 23 Aug 2006 15:12
Has anyone found a copy of the Tintin and I DVD in the US? POV does not have it in their on-line store.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!