Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Favourite Haddock insults

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

andyw
#31 · Posted: 16 Jul 2006 15:28
I;m fond of the dialogue when the C.D. plated car tears past Tintin and Haddock in Calculus Affair and flicks the cigarette out the window, leading Haddock to say "Certified Diplodocus, that's what you are."

Comes right after the 'nine pins' curse, which has to be up there too.
The Curtis Family
#32 · Posted: 5 Aug 2006 16:15
I like the one when he says ten thousand howling how hownds
that cracks me up so much
Harrock n roll
#33 · Posted: 6 Aug 2006 17:49
The Curtis Family wrote: I like the one when he says ten thousand howling how hownds

Is that in one of the cartoons, or a Golden Press book? I remember hearing something similar before but I'm sure it isn't in the standard English books.

“Saucy tramp” has to be one of my favourites :-)
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#34 · Posted: 6 Aug 2006 18:53
I definitely heard "ten thousand howling hell-hounds" in a Belvision cartoon; I believe it was the Prisoners of the Sun film.

I've always been fond of the complete non sequitur "Fat faces!" in The Calculus Affair.

Ed
TNT
#35 · Posted: 18 Feb 2007 11:06
"Ten thousand thundering typhoons!" is very famous and I like that great insult.
indigoxstar
#36 · Posted: 15 Mar 2007 22:49
carpet-sellers.
motheroftintin
#37 · Posted: 18 Mar 2007 14:32
My favorite has to be the short, simple, "nanny-goat", who he says to the woman on the telephone or to Iago the parrot in Castofire Emerald.
Emerald
#38 · Posted: 16 Apr 2007 11:52
I like "bashi-bazouks" the best.
hadtins
#39 · Posted: 28 Jan 2014 17:01
Bashi-bazouks, anacouluthons, two timing tarter twisters and dunder-headed coconuts are my favourites. I found it real fun in The Red Sea Sharks when the Captain started shouting out the curses to the slave trader on the megaphone.
Roger
#40 · Posted: 17 Feb 2017 18:51
Glad I found this site!

One of my favorite things about the Tintin books is Captain Haddock's tirades! I checked the list on this site but I think there is one missing. I remember from on the books (Crab with the Golden Claws?) that he used the word "bashibazooks" which is a real word, and sounds very Captain Haddockish. So am I mis-remembering or is the word missing from the list? (I no longer have any of the books from my childhood.)

Thanks!

https://www.tintinologist.org/guides/lists/curses.html

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!