Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin Annual

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#21 · Posted: 26 May 2006 10:39
And again, amazon.co.uk states that Volume 2 is due for publication on August 7th.

Ed
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#22 · Posted: 27 May 2006 15:00
That's another date for the Tintinologist's diary, then! Thanks, Ed! :o)
jockosjungle
#23 · Posted: 28 May 2006 08:43
Excellent news, anyone know any details. Which adventure it is going to be?

Rik
Richard
UK Correspondent
#24 · Posted: 31 May 2006 19:17
There's a cover for the second volume on the Tintin Shop's site. (link no longer works)
edcharlesadams
#25 · Posted: 20 Jun 2006 12:49
This is the synopsis for Volume 2:

"Calling all young detectives...In this album, children will uncover the truth about Tintin's worst enemies and join him on his adventures in space with Professor Calculus, Captain Haddock and, of course, Snowy. There are lots of fascinating facts for children to discover, mazes and secret codes to puzzle over with their friends, games to play and spectacular things to make. Along the way, children will also learn about Herge, the artist, and how the very first comics were made. This is an exciting album that all Tintins fans will want."

I notice that the cover shows the moon-rocket taking off from Earth and would presume that this is the story they're covering in this annual. However the text underneath says "Treasure-hunt story" - it looks like they've simply re-used last year's text. Hopefully this will be corrected.

Ed
Stas Werno
#26 · Posted: 25 Jul 2006 00:17
These are written by someone who used to work at the shop funnily enough.

We have a copy of Volume 2 in the back at the shop, but none for sale yet, annoyingly, especially as when I visited brussells over a month ago they were selling it already, grr.

Anyway, when it DOES come out, it would sorta be nice of you Amazon heads to maybe consider supporting a small independant shop dedicated to Tintin for 22 years instead ;) I'm sure most of you do already, I know for a fact a couple of you do :)
edcharlesadams
#27 · Posted: 25 Jul 2006 21:46
These are now available from amazon.co.uk so I should imagine the Tintin Shop will have theirs in stock very soon.

Ed
Stas Werno
#28 · Posted: 26 Jul 2006 12:46
Stas Werno
#29 · Posted: 28 Jul 2006 18:52
Right then guys! That was just the pre order, but we got a massive box of them in today so they should be ready to be dispatched.

Lets have a little test, no cheating! The first quiz in the book, see how much you get.

Shamefully i got 13 out of 14 :( Made a stupid mistake.

The girl I work with got the same but we had disputes over one of the questions, but with a quick phone call to the author we were corrected :/

GO!
edcharlesadams
#30 · Posted: 28 Jul 2006 19:35
Thanks Stas, I pre-ordered my copy from the Tintin Shop so I look forward to receiving it soon.

Ed

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!