Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Little Britain

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

number1fan
#11 · Posted: 7 Aug 2006 11:15
But Little Britain is more real and down to earth. its not scared to go places and most times they are only saying what they are thinking.
Stas Werno
#12 · Posted: 8 Aug 2006 03:48
But Little Britain is more real and down to earth. its not scared to go places and most times they are only saying what they are thinking.

I've just remembered 'Jam' is a sketch show from the "noughties", and is superior to Little Britain in every respect, in originality, direction, concept, acting... If you want a show that is "saying what they are thinking" then a Chris Morris one (like Jam) is the one to pick, look at the controversy created over the Brasseye special, the second most complained about tv program ever after the lame Jerry Springer opera, but at the same time a work of absolute unsurpassed satirical genius.

Little Britain is sub standard comedy produced for the masses that rips off and dumbs down the style created by the League of Gentlemen and shoves on tacky catch phrases that everyone can use the next day in the playground/by the watercooler. I'm sick to death of hearing "yeer but no but yeer but..."

But that's just my opinion ;) I still like the scottish guy with the flute, and one or two of the "eh eh eeh" sketches might make me giggle if i'm in a good mood.
Tintinrulz
#13 · Posted: 8 Aug 2006 04:02
Apart from a huge amount of swearing I thought Shaun of the dead was great example of good English comedy. It was funny, it was relevant, it didn't take itself seriously.
number1fan
#14 · Posted: 8 Aug 2006 08:21
I didnt think much of Shaun of the Dead movie
i would love to see an Alann Patridge movie
Stas Werno
#15 · Posted: 8 Aug 2006 10:05
English comedy there's a ton of great examples, we have the best in the world, but sketch shows are pretty thin on the ground. All I can think of is Jam and Big Train from the last few years.

Shaun of the Dead is one of my favorite films because they kept so true to Romero, closer than Romero did himself in Land of the Dead, but also made it very funny.

i would love to see an Alann Patridge movie

I think Coogan is tiering of that character (fair enough, Coogan is a brilliant actor and comedian but he's only recognised as Partridgeby most people), hence starting the excellent Saxondale recently. The closest you're gonna get to a Partridge movie is probably "A Cock and Bull Story" which is fantastic.

We've been listening to knowing me knowing you in the shop :D
number1fan
#16 · Posted: 8 Aug 2006 11:01
But Steve Cogan said in an interview he hasnt retired partridge yet he said he would love to d something new with him i.e a movie were he goes to America.
On a reacent poll of funniest skethes of all time Little Britain came number 1 with the swimmiming pool sketch which was done by Lou and Andy.
I have just borrowed Jam out the libary today im going to give it a watch Chris Morris is HIGH LER IOUS lol The Day Today(1994) brilliant and with the bomb dogs
--
i just watched the first 2 episodes of JAM yea its funny and differnt but knot as good Little Britain when abouts was JAM on tv.
--
[Combined two posts]
hagen8
#17 · Posted: 8 Sep 2006 20:25
I'm a huge fan of Little Britain!
BBC America has just finished with Season 2.
We've been getting more and more british shows here recently after decades of just Benny Hill and Keeping Up Appearances. I love Green Wing, Spaced, Smoking Room, Peep Show which have also just arrived to the US.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!