Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin et Moi: Availability of 75th Set with bonus disc (UK)?

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

rastapopoulos
#11 · Posted: 18 Jun 2004 09:52
The South bank Show Tintin special was on about 10 years ago, and i have a copy on VHS that i taped from the T.V. It was on Herge and tintin and had clips from the Sadoul interview in 1971. The H.M.V was in Portsmouth, but it was the only on left...maybe there was 1 in every HMV in England???
jock123
#12 · Posted: 18 Jun 2004 11:39
Ah, that would be a different documentary, drawn from the same source. I thought they must have done something recently for the “Tintin et Moi” release. Sadoul did the interview with cassette-tape recordings, so those portions will almost certainly have to be subtitled on DVD, as they were in French. Did they subtitle them on the S. Bank Show?
Big Ren
#13 · Posted: 18 Jun 2004 12:05
Has anyone checked yet whether Tintin et Moi DVD has English subtitles?
How much is the box set in HMV?
rastapopoulos
#14 · Posted: 18 Jun 2004 12:10
It has English Subtitles and is £29.99 from HMV, as i said there were 3 boxes all at the same price, and only one had the 'Tintin et Moi' bonus disk (which i believe is worth £29 on its own!').
jock123
#15 · Posted: 18 Jun 2004 12:23
The copy with the bonus disk my brother got in WHSmith was £24.99, so shop around! I’ve seen it as low as £22 on line - but there doesn’t seem to be any way to be sure you’d get the bonus, as they seem to be randomly distributed about - and the 5,000 figure may be a European total, rather than the UK alone, as the same offer is in use on the continent!
jockosjungle
#16 · Posted: 18 Jun 2004 13:05
I paid £29.99 for the set in HMV with the disk, if i see another i'll pick it up and see if anyone on here wants it, if not i'll ebay it if the bonus disk is worth £29 alone.

Not sure if it's 5000 in UK or worldwide, but my Tintin et Moi disk was an English anchor bay release (as in the cover was in english and the writing on the back, not had time to watch it yet)

Thing is I've now got a non-boxset set that i have no use for!

Rik
jock123
#17 · Posted: 18 Jun 2004 14:07
I'd not bank on the "Tintin et Moi" disk retaining any real value in its own right - it'll surely get a release on its own; it's nice to get it for free though! Maybe Rastapopoulos was speaking figuratively - the extra DVD makes it worth paying the money for the set.
Big Ren
#18 · Posted: 18 Jun 2004 22:54
This 'limited edition' set has proved surprisingly easy to find. In Maidstone (Kent) today MVC (£24.99) had one behind the counter (which I bought), W.H.Smiths (£24.99) had one on the shelf (and one ordinary set) but HMV (£29.99) just had one ordinary set on the shelf.
If anyone has trouble locating one, ask for it - shops will usually have more stock in a backroom which they should be happy to check for the extra disc.
jock123
#19 · Posted: 19 Jun 2004 13:49
Interesting, Big Ren - I still haven’t seen it anywhere in London, and the Didcot WHS only had one copy (my brother wanted another for himself). Perhaps the sales reps are giving them out differently in different regions, or maybe the distribution is totally random. Lucky old Kent is all I can say!
Harrock n roll
#20 · Posted: 19 Jun 2004 14:44
Jock123 wrote: I still haven’t seen it anywhere in London

I saw one yesterday in HMV Oxford Street for £29.99. They had one with the bonus disc and one regular edition. Personally I think it's a con - OK if you wanted to buy all of the DVDs anyway but how many people will splash out £22-£30 in order to get the bonus disc which is sure to be issued anyway at some point (and those editions of Tintin et Moi will probably come with bonus material so you'd have to buy it again.) Why can't they just release the bleedin' thing? I'm saving my tanners and waiting for the official release...

Rant over

Page  Page 2 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!