Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Hergé and Studio Hergé /

Hergé: What did he think of Tintin cartoons and films?

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 8 Sep 2006 16:03
In the book Tintin: The Complete Companion there is not a single mention of the screen adaptations, so I would lke to know what Hergé thought of the live-action films and the Belvision cartoons - what were his views on The Lake of Sharks, for example?
Can anybody answer this?
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 10 Sep 2006 01:28
number1fan:
there is not a single mention of the films or cartoons

That's probably because they aren't canon Tintin, and the book only dealt with the real deal.
I don't know his view on Lake of Sharks, but I heard he didn't like it much.
Other than that I don't know.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#3 · Posted: 10 Sep 2006 01:44
I presume he must have been at least satisfied with Tintin and the Golden Fleece since was he not consulted over the script? I'm sure I read that somewhere.
skut
#4 · Posted: 22 Apr 2007 03:38
According to Harry Thompson's Tintin book, Hergé hated the Belvision cartoons.
Don't know for sure what he thought of the live-action films or Lake of Sharks, but I would bet he wasn't too keen on them either.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!