Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin et Moi: Availability of 75th Set with bonus disc (UK)?

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

jockosjungle
#21 · Posted: 19 Jun 2004 22:53
Yeh I was in the Oxford HMV today and there were 2 specials and one normal on the shelves

Rik
jock123
#22 · Posted: 19 Jun 2004 23:46
I didn’t have any of the DVDs, and would have bought the set anyway, or solicited for it as a birthday present - so I think it’s a great bonus. £30 is a pretty fair price to get all the episodes - much cheaper than the DVDs and videos have ever been - so to get the disks for less than that *and* have the documentary is a real result.

Now all I need to do is find somewhere to put the tapes I have...
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#23 · Posted: 20 Jun 2004 10:51
I gave in to temptation and bought one as well. I really like 'Tintin Et Moi', as it's 75 minutes long, and the box set has a great 16 page booklet, so ...
jock123
#24 · Posted: 20 Jun 2004 11:05
Thinking about it, maybe the set with the extra DVD isn’t so much rare as late, and what we are now seeing is it gradually turning up in shops...

Oh, and tintinuk - please put us all out of our misery: is the documentary in English, sub-titled, or dubbed?
tintinuk
Moderator Emeritus
#25 · Posted: 20 Jun 2004 15:04
I shall indeed put everyone out of their misery. The documentary is in French, with optional English subtitles. The bits with Michael Farr and Harry Thompson speaking are in English, with no subtitles.
The disc comes with no extra features. It comes in it's own white DVD case, with an "E" classification. If anyone wants a sneaky peak at the covers and documentary, there'll be a section (with video clip) on my site very soon ...
Jyrki21
#26 · Posted: 21 Jun 2004 04:43
Does anyone know about North American availability for this disc? It was playing in theatres at "Hot Docs," a documentary film festival here in Toronto just last month, so I figure it'll be distributed here sometime?
Big Ren
#27 · Posted: 21 Jun 2004 15:22
Possible online availability:
If you look up the box set on hmv.co.uk they call it
"75 Years Anniversary: 11dvd: Box Set."
Before I found my copy at MVC I emailed HMV for clarification. This is their reply:

I can confirm that if you order the "75 Years Anniversary: 11dvd: Box Set" you will receive it and not the 10 DVD box set.

Kind regards

[Name removed]
CUSTOMER SERVICE
HMV.co.uk
Richard
UK Correspondent
#28 · Posted: 23 Apr 2005 22:25
Not sure where to put this, this seems the most appropriate. Can anyone explain the sudden flood of copies of Tintin et Moi on eBay ? At the time of writing there are nineteen listed, which seems ridiculous considering the '5000 copies' cited on the box sets. Are they pirate copies on eBay, then, or has Anchor Bay put the DVD on general release ?
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#29 · Posted: 23 Apr 2005 22:32
I've been wondering this as well. There's been no word of an official release anywhere else as far as I can find. So far, the only explanation that I can think of at the moment is that not all 5000 original copies made it to the shops, i.e. some were hoarded, deliberately or otherwise. Perhaps someone realised its potential value to collectors? If so, it seems to have backfired because the market's so flooded that no-one's buying.

Ed
Richard
UK Correspondent
#30 · Posted: 23 Apr 2005 22:41
Twenty copies now.

It's completely mad, does whoever is listing them not realise that they've reduced their value considerably by listing that many ? There's one copy here which is in a black DVD case, unusual since were they not only issued in white ones - that leads me to suspect it may be a DVD-R copy. The rest of the auctions don't display photos of the actual DVDs for sale, just an image of the cover, so it's hard to judge whether they're genuine or not.

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!