Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin books: lawyers

advnarayan
#1 · Posted: 22 Jun 2004 04:26
Hi,
Seeing the number of lawyers in this group, a question: can anyone think of any lawyer character in the Tintin books? I don't think there are any, right?
Jyrki21
#2 · Posted: 22 Jun 2004 05:11
There are some San Theodoran lawyers in Picaros prosecuting Castafiore and the Thompsons, aren't there?
pauldurdin
Moderator Emeritus
#3 · Posted: 22 Jun 2004 08:22
There are some San Theodoran lawyers in Picaros prosecuting Castafiore and the Thompsons, aren't there?

There's one in particular who would be the State Prosecutor (or whatever his title would be). The other people shown could be anyone.

Paul
louis
#4 · Posted: 23 Jul 2004 17:11
I can't think of any cases off the top of my head about any lawyers in a Tintin comic. That is because of this:
The person who usually always gets into legal trouble is Tintin, and this is only because 'bad guys' who have connections with authority in various countries are always out to get him. Because intstructions are always to have Tintin gotten rid of, he is often taken prisoner by the police in some country and very quickly finds that he will be shot, get his head chopped off, or executed in some other manner. Actually when you think about it, this is a rather accurate plot summary of almost every book before Crab with the Golden Claws when he meets Captain Haddock!
snafu
#5 · Posted: 28 Feb 2005 03:06

Those aren't really lawyers; they're all part of a facade to make people think that justice is function in a dictatorship. That scene turned out to be the first I was exposed to a show-trial. Even the commentator blasted at Tintin and Co.!

Amazing that show-trials are discussed in Tintin! It was much later when I learned about the Soviet show-trials.

As far as I'm concerned, there are no real lawyers in Tintin.
Ranko
#6 · Posted: 28 Feb 2005 16:31
No, just a blistering Insurance Salesman...:-)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!