Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin 3-in-1 books: love them or hate them?

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

visionary6
#21 · Posted: 16 Apr 2006 15:51
I hate them. They are to small, and I can't really appreciate the art with them.
number1fan
#22 · Posted: 16 Apr 2006 16:56
I think there good as you can take it with you were ever you go i have 2 of the 3 books in one but i like them it saves you a bit of money.
The hardback cover of the 3 in one books are good aswell protect it more then a paperback one.
I would have liked to have see soviets,congo and alph art in a collectors 3 in one book.
Captain Chester
#23 · Posted: 6 Nov 2006 00:42
I think the 3 in 1s are a good way to start a Tintin collection, then you can buy full size versions of your favorites.

Captain Chester
tintin_in_arcata
#24 · Posted: 7 Dec 2006 04:04
Personally I'm not a huge fan of the three-in-one editions, though I do have several in my collection.
number1fan
#25 · Posted: 7 Dec 2006 08:28
They are good i think becuase i have gone on holiday a few times with a few of the 3 in ones and they easyily fit in with your luggage.
I read a 3 in one on the way to cornwall some years ago and i didnt see anything out the window becuase i was so enticed in to my tintin book lol.
cigars of the beeper
#26 · Posted: 7 Dec 2006 21:54
I don't at all care for the 3-in-1s because it is hard to appreciate the artwork at that size and they are too expensive. I now have the 21 readily avaliable books all in original size.
harishankar
#27 · Posted: 12 Jul 2007 03:49
Anybody else collecting the three-in-one hardcover albums? I find that they're more convenient, compact and easier to read and preserve than the full sized single albums.

Also it's better value for money. The print is slightly smaller, but then I prefer these to the large sized ones because they're unwieldy...

More than anything, I want to ask experienced tintinologists: will these have collectible value in the future?
cafe_noir
#28 · Posted: 12 Jul 2007 23:57
I still prefer to read the albums in the large format. I think the bigger size does better justice to the artwork. However I can see how the smaller volumes would be very handy for reading 'on the go'. As to their collectibility, that will probably depend on factors such as how long they stay in print etc. but I can't see them ever being as collectable as early editions of the hardback albums or some of the rarer titles such as the 'making of' books. It would be interesting to know how well they sell compared to the full size editions.
harishankar
#29 · Posted: 13 Jul 2007 04:05
Actually already one edition has gone out of print. I just managed to get the last of these from my bookstore.

The new hardbound 3-in-1 books have a different (computer-generated) font for text. the old one still has the hand-written script in speech bubbles.
cafe_noir
#30 · Posted: 13 Jul 2007 08:22
Just to complicate your reading choice even further - I noticed that the 'three in one' volumes come in two different editions which are different sizes. I assume the smaller size is the latest edition..

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!